DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having problems linking or activating your new goggles ?

The Goggles shipped with .600 firmware. If you use DJI Assistant 2 to updated first to 700 it works right away. Note, when I did connect it to DJI Assistant 2 it kept asking me to register first... nothing else. I refreshed the app a couplle of time and the firmware prompt came up... I updated to .700 and then it activated right away.

If you're having problems linking or activating goggles, try these steps to see if it helps.

Link DJI Googles to Mavic with a mobile device:

Make sure your Mavic and Controller are already linked and able to fly with your controller.
Once this step is done you can move on to the next step of setting up the goggles.

Make sure you're signed into the DJI Go app with your DJI account for the last steps of the activation.
You can sign into the DJI GO app under the "ME" tab presented at the bottom of the screen.
If you do NOT sign into the GO app, you will get a vague error about not being able to activate the goggles.

The goggles will walk you through an onscreen wizard to link to the Mavic.
Using your mobile device and controller, simply start the linking process in the goggles and you will see a countdown timer onscreen in the goggles. At this point, you will want to open the SDCard door and press the link button with a small pointy object such as a paperclip.

The goggles and the Mavic should link up and move to the next step which is activating the goggles.
It is important to already be logged into your DJI account in the DJI Go app as described above.
A prompt is displayed on the screen in the goggles to activate the goggles. When accepted your mobile device will attempt to activate the goggles by talking to DJI's servers. You will need an internet connection to complete this step

If all went well, you should now have a working set of goggles with your Mavic.

Enjoy !

Please, if I have made any errors, typos or need clarifications, let me know.

The Goggles shipped with .600 firmware. If you use DJI Assistant 2 to updated first to 700 it works right away. Note, when I did connect it to DJI Assistant 2 it kept asking me to register first... nothing else. I refreshed the app a couplle of time and the firmware prompt came up... I updated to .700 and then it activated right away.
No success. I updated the googles to 700 version with the Assistant2 software.
Still ending up at the same chinese message

No success. I updated the googles to 700 version with the Assistant2 software.
Still ending up at the same chinese message

Did you also Activate the goggles with the DJI Assistant 2? I had to update and activate with the DJI Assistant 2 and then link with the actual Mavic.

Did you also Activate the goggles with the DJI Assistant 2? I had to update and activate with the DJI Assistant 2 and then link with the actual Mavic.
Finally!
Here is what happens:
- the activation process is not fully documented in the manual
- activation of the googles requires the entry of your DJI account password
- when you try to activate via the GO4 app due to a bug in the app the password entry field doesn't appear and you are struck with the chinese message box, independent of having the .700 FW installed or not
- activation only works with the DJI Assistant2 app, but only with the very latest release 1.1.1
- unfortunately there are still older versions linked on the DJI pages, so it is not straightforward to find

Please, if I have made any errors, typos or need clarifications, let me know.

Clear instructions. Nicely done. Any tips for activating a second pair? I've been trying all day. Setting up then losing the remote. Get the remote, goggle 1, try to connect goggle 2 and I lose the remote. Reconnect the remote, goggle 2 then lose goggle 1. Get both pair to work and lose the remote. As soon as you press the link button on the Mavic it goes screwy. Different errors and connections connect then fail. It maddening!

Got my goggles for fathers day:) however I'm unable to activate them or at least I do not think they were activated as I hit the non-activation flight limits when flying. Having previously activated my Mavic with the latest Mavic FW I have no flight restrictions and all works as expected. When I fly with RC and goggles I hit the flight limits.

While I was in the process of activating the goggles when I first powered them on I lost connection to the internet and the activation process did not complete or at least I do not think it completed. After reestablishing link to internet and being logged into my DJI account via GO4 I expected the activation process to restart but that did not happen. Instead I moved onto linking and linked the goggles to the Mavic. Also tried to activate the goggles with DJI Assistant 2 app using the latest DJI Assistant 2 app version on my Mac but the activation process did not initiate. I went ahead and updated my goggles to the latest FW version.

At this point the Mavic/RC, GO4, goggles and Assistant 2 are all updated to the latest versions. I've tried and retried to activate with Mavic(RC + GO4 on Ipad) and with DJI Assistant 2 app but the activation process never starts and I see no way to manually initiate the activation process:(.

Absolutely love the goggles but not the restricted flight. Experience with DJI chat to ask for help was... well... worthless.

Is there a way to manually initiate the activation process?

Is there a way to confirm if DJI has acknowledged activation or not of my goggles?

Trying to determine if I'm simply doing something wrong or if the goggles may be defective.

Thanks

I hope you all are enjoying your goggles.

I emailed DJI support yesterday about this problem(post #29) but no response yet. would really like to get this problem resolved.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Reactions: flipf
I hope you all are enjoying your goggles.

I emailed DJI support yesterday about this problem(post #29) but no response yet. would really like to get this problem resolved.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
OK this is going by memory, which is questionable at best, when I first started the process using Dji assistant 2 I used the cable with an IMac. Despite good advice and a step by step to-do list. The app went straight to the update page ( I had expected it to activate first then update) I went ahead and updated to 800 and then tried to activate, tried several times closing out and reconnecting,no luck, each time it went to the software update screen and told me it was up to date. Finally I just looked at the whole page for help, no luck there either, but I noticed in the bottom left corner two icons. I believe that I Clicked on the left one (envelope. ?? ) it went to a DJi page which did nothing to help. BUT and here is the interesting part, when I x'd out Red dot. The screen went right to the activation page and within seconds it said Activation complete and went to the normal tutorial and settings . Now I have no logical explanation for this and I hesitated to post because of that however I remembered how frustrated I was and at that point I was willing to try anything. I might add that the goggles were the only thing attached.

Good luck and remember " there will be a answer"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtb Uas
OK this is going by memory, which is questionable at best, when I first started the process using Dji assistant 2 I used the cable with an IMac. Despite good advice and a step by step to-do list. The app went straight to the update page ( I had expected it to activate first then update) I went ahead and updated to 800 and then tried to activate, tried several times closing out and reconnecting,no luck, each time it went to the software update screen and told me it was up to date. Finally I just looked at the whole page for help, no luck there either, but I noticed in the bottom left corner two icons. I believe that I Clicked on the left one (envelope. ?? ) it went to a DJi page which did nothing to help. BUT and here is the interesting part, when I x'd out Red dot. The screen went right to the activation page and within seconds it said Activation complete and went to the normal tutorial and settings . Now I have no logical explanation for this and I hesitated to post because of that however I remembered how frustrated I was and at that point I was willing to try anything. I might add that the goggles were the only thing attached.

Good luck and remember " there will be a answer"

I'll try anything. Will give this a shot tomorrow.

Thank you flipf!

My activation problem fixed! All I did was update everything(magic, RC, GO4 app & goggles) at the same time to the latest FW(.900) and the problem went away! So psyched!

I noticed a new feature in the goggles with .900 that shows the zero cross point reference of horizontal and vertical, pretty cool!

Going to burn through a lot of batteries this weekend, can't wait:)

Reactions: flipf
Thumbswayup
My activation problem fixed! All I did was update everything(magic, RC, GO4 app & goggles) at the same time to the latest FW(.900) and the problem went away! So psyched!

I noticed a new feature in the goggles with .900 that shows the zero cross point reference of horizontal and vertical, pretty cool!

Going to burn through a lot of batteries this weekend, can't wait:)
Way to go, Nice job! Told you there would be a answer Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mtb Uas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown