DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heli or airplane pilots

Right now I've just got these two to work with. Passed the Apprentice on to my son. But I'm constantly upgrading parts, adding nylon hinges to my rudder and elevator surfaces (have yet to do the ailerons), painting parts, just a bit of tweaking here and there. :D
I do have a membership at the local fly field (in the vid post #35) I use and learn at. As well as the cotton fields behind this house. In the process of moving this month, just bought a place, that's gonna take me far from this field, but has a nicer (paved) field close to the new place. As well as a big park a couple blocks away that I've been told others fly at now and then.

Started RC planes back on the early 80s, got into helis in the 90s and still have a Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 which is collecting dust in a spare room somewhere. Been finishing a .20 size Piper Cub with my 5 year old grandson for his first plane. Wanted a drone for a few years and finally bit the bullet in March. Just sold a Mavic Air and picked up a Mavic Pro Platinum FMC which I just love. Also picked up DJI goggles which will arrive here tomorrow.

Started in 1986 with a second hand Hirobo Falcon 505 (I wanted to mount a camera on it!). I still have a Robbe Schluter Moskito that has never been flown...

Reactions: Former Member
Lots of fixed wing and helps but not many glider pilots. There is something nice about chucking a glider off the top of the hill and to fly for as long as your RX/Servo power lasts, usually at least a few hours. I fly scale gliders mostly on the Long Mynd in Shropshire, UK. Here are a couple of vids, the first my 1/4 scale 3.6m Rhonbussard then a collection of scale flights in the 6m and up size that I filmed.

Reactions: BluesDragon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom