DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO

Motley

Reactions
Hello,

I ordered my Mavic on Oct 8th and it is due to arrive Tuesday 12/6. I cannot wait to get it in the air, too bad it is Winter now and the flying opportunities will be limited.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our newest forum Motley :)

Hey Motley I'm in the Monument area. Just got my Mavic. Flew near Mt Herman. Where have you been flying?

Hello, so far just in my back yard. I have a small church behind my house so there is also a parking lot that I can tool around over, as well as a creek/walking path next to that. I am still fairly careful with mine, I think the max altitude I have hit so far is 120 ft and the furthest distance from home I have flown is about 200 ft. I did go to the GoG overlook and get some shots with my first Mavic that I had to send in due to the camera having a focusing issue but since the camera was faulty the shots are not worth posting, hope you got one with no issues.

I am in the north part of Colorado Springs, maybe we can get together and fly sometime. I just got done doing some test flying with a custom camera dome that I 3D printed (to reduce sun glare) and as soon as I landed I heard what sounded like a swarm of bees even though mine was off. I looked up and low and behold there was a drone probably 150 ft or so up flying around, must have been a phantom or something as it was much louder than a Mavic. Guess we need to get used to there being others in the sky we are not aware of.

Sounds good, I would like someone to fly with as well. Shoot me a PM with a time and place where you want to meet. Weekends are best for me but depending on the day I may be able to sneak a flight in one afternoon. Luckily the sun is setting later each day so that will provide more flying time.

Reactions: mav1
Weekends are best for me as well. I'll let you know when I might be heading out somewhere. Gonna try to get in a couple test flights and get more familiar with the mavic.

Reactions: =HH=
I am in North Colorado Springs/Monument line and it seems I'm in a NFZ at my house due to Air Force Academy. Anyone know of any parks in this area to practice, just bought mine last week. Thanks for any feedback.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes