DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Elmsford!

princephoenix

Reactions
Hi there,

New pilot checking in! Just got Part 107 certified and looking to become a paid pilot! Looking for new areas to fly in to photograph and film in the tri state area, as well as in PA! Let's network!

-Princephoenix

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi there,

New pilot checking in! Just got Part 107 certified and looking to become a paid pilot! Looking for new areas to fly in to photograph and film in the tri state area, as well as in PA! Let's network!

-Princephoenix
Howdy from Wyoming princephoenix, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: princephoenix
Reactions: princephoenix
Howdy from Wyoming princephoenix, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hey Bunny, thanks for the welcome! Would love to go to fly in Wyoming one day, I imagine its a lot easier than NY.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hi there,

-Princephoenix

Hi ! I'm a new drone owner in Briarcliff, just up 9a from you. would like to hear about where you fly in the area, and your 107 experience!

Hi ! I'm a new drone owner in Briarcliff, just up 9a from you. would like to hear about where you fly in the area, and your 107 experience!

Hi Mike, I just responded to you in the other Elmsford thread. Like I said, I fly in Carol Nichols Park, but recently I've also flown over the Tarrytown Reservoir, and also by the Tappan Zee Bridge. Up and down the shoreline, there's a few parks you can fly from with great views.

As for the Part 107, test, I originally took some ground school classes from Dart Drones in addition to some actual hands on flying lessons. After that it was just a matter of continuous studying, using other materials and resources from the web and Youtube. I found this to the most helpful:
Also check out their study guide in the description below. All in all, ended up getting a 90 on the test.

Attachments

• DJI_0030.jpg
    DJI_0030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Thanks, I will check out the park. How do you handle flying around here with all the heliports? Seems to me there are a lot of people you are supposed to notify. And I’m surprised they let you fly around the bridge. I think it would be a cool video to fly around d the tapanzee or bear mountain but I figured it was a no fly zone.

I use the airmap app to stay clear of the heliports for now. And as far as I know, you can fly near but not on top of the Tappan Zee. I just stay a safe distance away honestly. But I know you get too close and yeah you do have to start asking for permits and notifying people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13