DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Perth Australia

Locuss

Reactions
Hi there,
Just got my mavic and had my 2nd flight time. Spent more time researching Casa and Perth Councils Laws where I live. Hoping to meet positive like minded pilots in my area. I am in City of Wanneroo region. Like most - I started my RPA journey with a parrot drone from Walmart/jbhifi and graduated from there. Another hobby of mine is photography and video as my degree is in multimedia.

Thanks and looking forward to contributing to this community.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hehehe no pressure. Saw a bunch of YouTube footages and working on settings for premiere with mavic dlog. Rusty in skills but I think the best part is the researching and hunting for info rather than flying at times. Investing in some nd filters soon. Heading to US in Jan for work and don’t mine some B&H goodies. I am interested in car videos at the moment.

Last edited:
No worries :)
Youtube is awesome for all flight and editing tutorials.
I'm getting Premiere Pro and Photoshop suite for Xmas, so look forward to doing the editing learning curve into the new year.

Re filters, check out Nisi . . . NiSi Filter kit for DJI Mavic Pro (6 Pack) - NiSi Filters Australia
Good range of straight up NDs for bright Aus conditions, inc the 64.
The PL and NCUV still reduce 1.5 stops, not much less than the missing ND4.

If you shoot a lot of ocean . water stuff, maybe the Polarpro Cinema NDPLs are better for you . . . DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack
But no ND64.

Legend mate! Definitely keen on ND32/64 versions - will check out the links! Always keen to support the locals. Going to print some legs from thingiverse. Shucks back to work.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi there,
Just got my mavic and had my 2nd flight time. Spent more time researching Casa and Perth Councils Laws where I live. Hoping to meet positive like minded pilots in my area. I am in City of Wanneroo region. Like most - I started my RPA journey with a parrot drone from Walmart/jbhifi and graduated from there. Another hobby of mine is photography and video as my degree is in multimedia.

Howdy from Wyoming Locuss, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi Locuss!

I just found this thread trying to google the local Wanneroo laws about drone flying - cant seem to find much. I am picking up my DJI Mavic Pro today :) I have got information on the other CASA rules for recreational flying but nothing too "formal" from Wanneroo.

I am a creative, local resident in Eglinton - Wanneroo, Perth. I cant wait to play with my drone later today. I am also a National Marketing Manager & WA Sales manager for a company in my day job (another reason why I wanted one, so I could use it at events).

Would love to keep in touch and find out more about what you do and see what others use their drones for. I would like to get CASA certified in the near future.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Glad I found this community, looks awesome!

Cheers!

Yo yo Justa,
Ended up downloading the can i fly there app and usually anything above landsdale is a no fly zone. But the beaches are ok. It seems from a friend of mine who flies phantom pushes his luck a bit and seems to get away it. Quick in and out jobs.

Anyhow, I like the YouTube user flytpath. Good videos and informative. Try not to fly indoors :)

Peace.

Yo you Locuss...

I have the app too! Ah i zoomed out on the App and i can see what you mean - lucky I live on that coastal strip! PERFECT!

I will report back how I go...off to the shops I go to pick up my new baby!

Cheers :)

Justin (Justa)

No worries. Let’s catch up soon. I am still very inexperienced. Drive safe and have fun! The smell of new toys. Hehe

No worries. Let’s catch up soon. I am still very inexperienced. Drive safe and have fun! The smell of new toys. Hehe
Thanks man! Haha that new plastic technology smell - bliss! Roads are still nice drive way easy from the city to joondalup. Just waiting to put my hands on this new baby! Catch up will be fun - PM me :)

Hi there,

Did you manage to find the City of Wanneroo laws regarding drone flying?

Reactions: Kelvin Crumplin
Hi there,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi there,

Did you manage to find the City of Wanneroo laws regarding drone flying?

Welcome. I am from Sydney, but used to live over in WA, I know Wanneroo quite well. Lived in Morley for awhile until buying a house up in Dianella Hights. Will be visiting Perth again in February 20, so if you wanna hook up for info and flight time, just PM me.
Kelvin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69