DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Vancouver BC

Hallo. In Italy you have to register yourself as drone pilot, no need to register your drone. Maybe the error is due to missing this step
Hi, since I have the Mini 3 under 250g. Would I still get a pilot license . I understand it normally wouldn't because it's under 250g. but now if I have a camera on it I'd have to register it. If I read it correctly I have to register as drone operator. Anyhow, I will do all that and get my QR code pasted on the drone. Since I'll be flying at Sorrento and Positano, there should be more police there. Very touristy ! I figured my error was when they want my tax number part. We in Canada have a SIN number and the Americans have Social Security number. I'll try that tomorrow and post the results. I must admit I'm a little nervous but is bed time now so tomorrow I'll give it a try.
Obrigado ! Joaobeniho

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Thank you for your welcome. It was a real struggle to register with the Italian authorities but finally succeeded. Got my QR code to fly there and in the EU. Here's a 180 degree shot of Whytecliff Park. Your bro would know this most likely.

Attachments

• DJI_0047 Whyte Island pano resized.jpg
    DJI_0047 Whyte Island pano resized.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 2
Remember to check fly zones on D-Flight
to avoid problems… when will you come to Italy?
Yeah, I checked all the height limits and I'll be around the Amalfi coast. I've scouting out all the launching spots since it is very busy and lacking hidden spots. I always try to launch at a inconspicuous location. Try not to draw attention as much as possible. I'll be there late April. Where do you live in Italy Joao ?

Yeah, I checked all the height limits and I'll be around the Amalfi coast. I've scouting out all the launching spots since it is very busy and lacking hidden spots. I always try to launch at a inconspicuous location. Try not to draw attention as much as possible. I'll be there late April. Where do you live in Italy Joao ?
Rome. Have a nice stay, then. The coast there is really gorgeous!

Thank you for your welcome. It was a real struggle to register with the Italian authorities but finally succeeded. Got my QR code to fly there and in the EU.
Finally get registered in D-Flight using US social security number for the Taxpayer Identification Number. Did you take the A1/A3 test? Where did you get your insurance?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Finally get registered in D-Flight using US social security number for the Taxpayer Identification Number. Did you take the A1/A3 test? Where did you get your insura
Finally get registered in D-Flight using US social security number for the Taxpayer Identification Number. Did you take the A1/A3 test? Where did you get your insurance?
I fly a mini2, so I don’t need any permit. The insurance I use is coverdrone.com

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29