DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello. New Mavic Owner from Petaluma, CA

Rs2

Reactions
Hi All,

I just purchased my Mavic Pro a few days ago and have so far just flown it in my small back yard a few feet up. So excited to really learn how to use it and make some great videos.

I have been trying to find a place nearby where drone flying is allowed and I'm having a hard time finding somewhere that some jurisdiction does not prohibit it or over private property.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the Petaluma/Santa Rosa/Novato areas? I'm really just looking for open space to practice right now... doesnt have to be anything spectacular. Just want somewhere that I can fly responsibly, legally, and ethically.

Look forward to reading through the various posts here and learning from everyone! Hope to someday soon have something to contribute myself.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi All,

I just purchased my Mavic Pro a few days ago and have so far just flown it in my small back yard a few feet up. So excited to really learn how to use it and make some great videos.

I have been trying to find a place nearby where drone flying is allowed and I'm having a hard time finding somewhere that some jurisdiction does not prohibit it or over private property.

Does anyone have any suggestions in the Petaluma/Santa Rosa/Novato areas? I'm really just looking for open space to practice right now... doesnt have to be anything spectacular. Just want somewhere that I can fly responsibly, legally, and ethically.

Look forward to reading through the various posts here and learning from everyone! Hope to someday soon have something to contribute myself.
Hello @Rs2
Rohnert Park here and new also.
I too am curious as to what areas are safe/cool to fly. I found a map while googlin' the other day. I'll post it here if I find it again.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere ;)

Welcome!!!!! from Placer County CA......Roseville to be exact!

thank you all for the welcome!

ChrisP, thank you for the map. That is definitely a step in the right direction. There just seem to be other restrictions other than the airport radius shown in those maps (such as Sonoma County banning at all parks?). I am looking into a local flying club and will report back in a few weeks once I get a chance to go.

Reactions: ChrisP2017
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78