DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help attaching the gimbal clamp

niclariv

Reactions
Hey all. My Mavic finally arrived yesterday and I took it up for 3 flights today.. it's fantastic so far. The only thing that is really finicky is attaching the gimbal clamp after a flight. I'm spending a lot more time than I'd like trying to get it in the right position. I know that the little slots in the clamp fit in to the groove in the back of the camera, and it clicks in to the Mavic close to the grill, but the problem is that the camera moves around and is usually too far forward to be in the right position, so I can't just slide the clamp down for it to catch the camera and be in the right position for the Mavic. Any suggestions? There must be a quick way to do this. I'm worried I'll mess up the gimbal as I'm trying to push it in to position. Should I need to touch the gimbal itself to push it in to the right spot?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Try it like this:

1) Lay your Mavic upside down on a flat surface (or on your lap).

2) Position the flat side of the gimbal lock against the back of the camera area -- like this:

Gimbal-Lock-Position.jpg

3) Hold the lock with one hand and the barrel of the camera with other hand.

4) Looking down at your gimbal (like in the photo above), line up the notch at the bottom of the camera with the notch in the gimbal lock.

5) Gently push the gimbal lock down until it clicks into place. Adjust the camera as needed so the notches stay aligned as you're pushing the gimbal lock down.

This seems tricky at first. However, you'll see it's actually quite easy to attach if you run through these steps a few times.

Totally easy.. I guess my problem was trying to do it one handed and I wasn't sure if I should be touching the camera. Thanks!!

Reactions: 604Pilot
Somewhat of the same question, but is it ok to physically move the gimbal (tilt the camera barrel) to get it to align with the gimbal clamp? ie - when my mavic is turned off, the camera is slightly pointed down maybe 5 degrees, whereas with the clamp attached, it's 0 degrees (level with the horizon)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan