DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help brand new and **** thing says check app. WTF???

Turn on remote, Turn on Drone. Wait for Ready to Go message. Go fly. Report back with details of your crash or how it Flew Away and was DJIs fault :)
it doesn't say ready to fly it says ATTI MODE

and don't worry about my flying I have been flying stunt drone for a while without any nanny stuff. I am not going to fly it far I just want to fly it and then fart around with stupid freak'n device problem tomorrow. What is the cheapest freakn device I can find new at best buy that will work on this sucker.

and don't worry about my flying I have been flying stunt drone for a while without any nanny stuff. I am not going to fly it far I just want to fly it and then fart around with stupid freak'n device problem tomorrow. What is the cheapest freakn device I can find new at best buy that will work on this sucker.
Do you not have an iPhone or any android phone? I personally bought a Galaxy Tab A 7.0 inch to run on mine, it was on sell before Christmas for $79 but not sure what they are going for now.

Not to be rude but you may have wanted to do some research before buying the Mavic or any DJI drone, all of them use a phone with an app as a means of control even though they have a controller. You can fly with the controller alone once the Mavic is registered and you don't need video but the app is useful for setting a lot of settings up that you will need. I would not rush into this and make sure you understand how this drone operates as it is completely different than a "stunt drone".

Lol. U r making this sound like a medical emergency. Slow down man. U waited 5 weeks and decided to not learn everything u could about this drone. Then u say U hate drones that use phones. Lol. Please tell me u knew the mavic used a phone. I hope u figure it out but I am also very entertained with your posts. So tell us what happened. Tell us. I can't wait much longer. Lol

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: 604Pilot
how do you fly without the dang phone. I just want to fly it. I have waited along time.

gixxer. It sounds like you just want to turn it on and go fly however this is more complex than that and you definitely need to read the manuals. there are great DJI (and other) tutorials on Youtube on flying from your phone etc. You waited a long time but are going to plonk a thousand dollar toy because it does not appear that you want to take the time to figure out how to use it. Not being critical. Being realistic

again.... a TON of threads on this topic....

If you are dead set on just flying it without familiarizing yourself with it, then click on the link below and download the Quick Start guide or open up the one that came with the Mavic and follow it step by step and you will be flying it in no time. But do yourself a favor and read the manual and watch all of the tutorials. I know my way around a drone but even now, I still catch things I overlooked when I look thru the manual or watch another tutorial....

Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Reactions: deltalimatango
OK, I have to ask, where did THAT come from? per his post he doesn't even HAVE a phone.
He does have a phone, his first few posts talk about having problems connecting with his Samsung Galaxy J3, which is a phone.

Wow I am considered a troll because I was frustrated and couldn't get it to work after waiting 5 weeks to fly it? People use the troll card just like the race care for for F'ing anything it's ridiculous.
As far as videos I have been watching them for weeks and I did everything on them but it still wouldn't ever leave that one sign on screen.
I tried again at home and it connected using the samsung J3 so I guess DJI needs to add that phone to the device list. I flew in the beginner mode and while it was cool seeing fly it fly was incredibly boring. Picture looked incredible so much better than my Hubsan 501s that I bought to hold me over till the mavic came in.

I guess the reason I was frustrated is because of the phone hookup because it did not work I think because the wifi must have been weak.

Wow I am considered a troll because I was frustrated and couldn't get it to work after waiting 5 weeks to fly it? People use the troll card just like the race care for for F'ing anything it's ridiculous.
As far as videos I have been watching them for weeks and I did everything on them but it still wouldn't ever leave that one sign on screen.
I tried again at home and it connected using the samsung J3 so I guess DJI needs to add that phone to the device list. I flew in the beginner mode and while it was cool seeing fly it fly was incredibly boring. Picture looked incredible so much better than my Hubsan 501s that I bought to hold me over till the mavic came in.

I guess the reason I was frustrated is because of the phone hookup because it did not work I think because the wifi must have been weak.

I'm surprised more people don't have problems getting the thing up & flying. The good thing is this board will try to help (if asked nicely) which is normally a lot faster & offers better advice then you'd get from customer service. If you're bored with beginner mode then exit out & hit sport mode.

Reactions: deltalimatango
I'm surprised more people don't have problems getting the thing up & flying. The good thing is this board will try to help (if asked nicely) which is normally a lot faster & offers better advice then you'd get from customer service. If you're bored with beginner mode then exit out & hit sport mode.

thanks man i will soon as I figure out how to do that. :D

I love these boards to the customer service thing is ok but you get a various amount of suggestions instead of just one that you might not understand what they are trying to communicate.

Please sir I know the original post is written in a way that dosnt seam to sit right but the world is made up of different people .
And every one of us do thing wrong and make mistakes .
Also yourself you criticised my post and if you read his post you would see that he is using a phone I beleive a samsung j3 also then you go on to support the whole troll idea and talk of banning him from your feed and yet a little research shows he has made several posts about what phone or tab would be best to use he has posts about xtra batteries and expected delivery so maybe double check things before you criticise people , my post was simply trying to help some one .
Also if there mannerisms upset you just don't bother reading there posts . If you do decide to remove him from your feed and if you remove me from your feed just do it , don't have to advertise to the world that your going to do it .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Wow I am considered a troll because I was frustrated and couldn't get it to work after waiting 5 weeks to fly it? People use the troll card just like the race care for for F'ing anything it's ridiculous.<br />As far as videos I have been watching them for weeks and I did everything on them but it still wouldn't ever leave that one sign on screen.<br />I tried again at home and it connected using the samsung J3 so I guess DJI needs to add that phone to the device list. I flew in the beginner mode and while it was cool seeing fly it fly was incredibly boring. Picture looked incredible so much better than my Hubsan 501s that I bought to hold me over till the mavic came in. <br /><br />I guess the reason I was frustrated is because of the phone hookup because it did not work I think because the wifi must have been weak.

Hi gixer. How did it go .
Have you managed to get over your teething problems and flown yet .
If so was it good did you enjoy ?
Also did you stick with phone or go with a larger screen?
I had a similar problem with the RC conection , just leaving the side lead plugged in stopped the USB at the bottom from working properly and to add to the confusion it dose work just not send data IE you can plug a power pack into the bottom usb to charge while using the side mini USB for phone . And I'd like to add that I've searched the manual and I can't find anywhere a very clear description of the side connector overriding the bottom one .
Once again hope you sorted out your mavic and flying well .
And hope you have no focus or gimbal issues .
Look forward to update

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25