DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me!

Lineman79

Reactions
So got my Mavic Air this weekend and have been enjoying it. Yesterday afternoon I had a slight mishap. While trying out sport mode I accidentally hit my house. Upon inspection everything looked great except both front props were scuffed pretty good. When I got in from work today I put new props on and tested it out. It tries to almost flip over on take off. It gives a check imu error (which says normal) I tried the calibrate imu but it still does the same thing on take off. Help me please

Reactions: zwt100
Thanks! Yes I’m an idiot lol. Just looked and I had 3 with the white dash and one black. Corrected the issue and all is good now. Thanks for the help! I never noticed that before and completely missed it.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
It's all good, Lineman. I did the same with my Holystone drone. Don't let a little good natured ribbing get to you. Stick around, lots of great stuff here to learn. Welcome to the family.

Lessons learned. I am curious that the wrong props would even fit.

Just looked and I had 3 with the white dash and one black. Corrected the issue and all is good now.
The OEM Mavic Air props are designed in a such a way that prevent them from being attached to the wrong motors.

How did you manage to attach the prop to the wrong motor? Are you using 3rd party props?

Pushed them down and turn and they pop right in.
When I attempt to attach the props incorrectly, they don't turn after pushing them down. I'm wondering if your motors are damaged. Are you able to install the props incorrectly on all of your motors?

I haven’t tried on all four. But they all lock in place on the ones I put in. I dunno. I don’t think I have any motor damage.

I haven’t tried on all four. But they all lock in place on the ones I put in. I dunno. I don’t think I have any motor damage.

I would use a Brand New set of 4 props. They should only fit where they belong, and if they fit the wrong motors, something gave. Inspect real well both mating surfaces. Something is not right.
Next thread from you might be “ drone fell from 100’......”
Take close up pictures of everything and post here for help. Do Not fly until you figure it out.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Normal DJI Mavic Air props are definitely not interchangeable. - marked versus unmarked

On the underside of each prop around the central hub/hole, there are two different profiles of plastic lugs. The marked blade the plastic lug protrudes, and the unmarked blade the lug is a cutout "U" shape. You can also see this difference when looking at the top of the motor plates around the spindle, the protruding lugs are spaced on outer edge and inner edge respectively of the central plastic part the motor.

Did you know. . . Spark prop will fit on M Air. And will fly. Though l flew just long enough to see if it could.

Hi, I wanted to check if your Mavic continued to work fine after you accidentally installed the props on the wrong motors (and then corrected). Did this cause any damage to the motor/prop area which affected flying (as you have to push and pull v hard to incorrectly install?
I only ask as I just did the same thing and am worried I may have damaged the motor prop area and wanted to check if you exeperienced any issues after you installed correctly? Thanks and hope you’re happy flying

Take close up pictures of everything and post here for help. Do Not fly until you figure it out.

I couldn’t agree more with the last sentence. All the high tech flight controls and computerized everything mean NOTHING if you lose a prop inflight.

I had that happen to me on a Hubsan with props held on by screws, and the result was not pretty.

At least if you put the wrong props on, you’ll see the result immediately - you won’t get off the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise