DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help on getting started

oscarrenkcah

Reactions
I am trying to set up my Mavic and thought I was ready when I was prompted to Upgrade Firmware but does not seem to want to download. Can anyone suggest something to help?

I am trying to set up my Mavic and thought I was ready when I was prompted to Upgrade Firmware but does not seem to want to download. Can anyone suggest something to help?
What is the message, try uninstalling and reinstalling GO4 and see if that helps, are you using Android or Apple?
Regards,
-d.

It is finally "Upgrading" but has been stuck on 55% for 10 minutes.
It can take thirty minutes or more sometimes, you have a 1200 dollar flying computer with the aerodynamics and weight of a brick. There is some pretty intensive house cleaning going on when you update. It is worth the wait.
Regards,
-d.

Not sure if I am using Assistant 2 because I don't want to interrupt the progress which is not past the 55% stopper last time. Where is the pdf manual. I surely need all the help I can get. Lauch pushed back until after dark!

Not sure if I am using Assistant 2 because I don't want to interrupt the progress which is not past the 55% stopper last time. Where is the pdf manual. I surely need all the help I can get. Lauch pushed back until after dark!
Are you doing it on a computer or your android device?

The pdf manual is on the dji website under mavic downloads. Hit reply if you answer so I can answer sooner

Reactions: Gary cato
On my android but it is now at 86%. Hopefully when that is done, I will get the all-clear.
ok on the android device it will take ages, do not turn anything off until it is done there is a chance it will kill the battery.

next go to DJI website on your laptop and download DJI assistant 2, you will need this for many things. Including future updates. Actually it is in the manual as being one of the first things to do.

The PDF is the manual which does not come with the Mavic and as pointed out should be the first thing you do before u even charge the battery.

I do not use the assistance too many problems and hassles, have not needed it yet.

I do not use the assistance too many problems and hassles, have not needed it yet.
fair enough but i had problems not using it.

what i would say and i am not preaching here to the OP its their choice but i would also give the night flight a miss as a first flight and spend some time reading up a bit first.

Reactions: Bunny Too
fair enough but i had problems not using it.

what i would say and i am not preaching here to the OP its their choice but i would also give the night flight a miss as a first flight and spend some time reading up a bit first.
I know it is a drag but I agree with Gary cato, first flight at night is a bad idea. You can still unfold it and remove the props, turn it on and play with all the settings.
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
I know it is a drag but I agree with Gary cato, first flight at night is a bad idea. You can still unfold it and remove the pr turn it on and play with all the settings.
Regards,
-d.
My first night flight was pretty scary, and i still do not do them much now. The perception at night is so different.

Anyway hope the OP is set up now and reading light on in simulator mode :) then again maybe not lol.

My first night flight was pretty scary, and i still do not do them much now. The perception at night is so different.

Anyway hope the OP is set up now and reading light on in simulator mode :) then again maybe not lol.
Have not even tried, live in Wyoming and when the sun goes down it is like a coal mine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
do72er