DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi all,old spark pilot from Virginia

oldfartflyer

Reactions
Just purchased a Mavic-air-2, about the controller, the center switch for flight mode to the far left says cine and others I've seen say tripod, anyone know why that is? Also on my djifly app there is no paper plane direction and controller output signal at the bottom center, why is that?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from the Crossroads of America oldfartflyer.

I too flew the Spark and moved up to the MA2. :)

the center switch for flight mode to the far left says cine and others I've seen say tripod,

It's the same controller, just different wording and the LED's are a different color.

I think when the Mini2 was released, an update to the remote and the GoFly app upgraded the firmware to a 'Cinematic" mode and ever since, it's been referred too "Cinemode" and not tripod.

Also on my djifly app there is no paper plane direction and controller output signal at the bottom center, why is that?

That too went away with an update in the past.

DJI put it in the lower left along with the map.

Tap the corner of the map to bring up the Attitude indicator and the directional indicator is there.

A lot of pilots don't care for the new indicator compared to the indicator in the Go4 app (Spark) since we were use to that one.

I just pop the map up and use it rather than the indicator.

Have fun with the MA2 and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thank you sir! Sometimes all electronic doodads puzzle me. I appreciate your reply.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just purchased a Mavic-air-2, about the controller, the center switch for flight mode to the far left says cine and others I've seen say tripod, anyone know why that is? Also on my djifly app there is no paper plane direction and controller output signal at the bottom center, why is that?

In the Cinematic mode, the aircraft's braking distance is extended and its rotation speeds are reduced. The aircraft will slow down gently until it stops, keeping footage smooth and stable even if control inputs are choppy. While in Tripod Mode, the maximum flight speed is limited to 2.2 mph (3.6kph). Responsiveness to stick movements is also reduced for smoother, more controlled movements. The two modes are somewhat similar and wish we had the option to add tripod mode to the Air 2S, but Cine mode does the job. I use Tripod mode on the Mavic 2 Pro when doing inspections, it really helps when working in tight spaces. Cine mode on the Air 2S is good for smoothing out all movement when doing video, just remember to allow yourself some extra braking distance as it slows to a stop instead of just halting.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki