DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you remove the upper shell?

1dr1

Reactions
IMG_0648.JPG Had a slight mishap with MP while transporting. How is the upper shell removed to fix a slight separation between the upper and lower shell?

You can open the Mavic like this:

Reactions: 1dr1
View attachment 20975 Had a slight mishap with MP while transporting. How is the upper shell removed to fix a slight separation between the upper and lower shell?
As shown just above, there are videos showing how to do it, but I doubt disassembly is needed. Look at it closely and see if you can tell which direction to pry it, gently, with a plastic or wooden tool. It should pop back into place. If you have any phone/tablet toolkits they should include a plastic "spudger" which is the perfect thing to use. If you're careful and dextrous, a small metal blade screwdriver would work, but metal is more likely to scratch or leave a pry mark - hence the plastic/wood recommendation.

I would try ASAP to prevent the possibility of the plastic taking a set while it's distorted like that and not returning to perfect realignment.

Reactions: 1dr1
Op, try to snap it back together with your finger. It might go in is you snap if straight down. Do not use a screwdriver to try and get it in, you will forever scratch the front of your Mavic. If you do watch the above mentioned video, you can stop at 5m32s, he has the top off by then. Be careful when lifting the back of the top off, the GPS/compass cable is attached and you should detach that with a tweezers before lifting the rest of the top cover off.

Also, it looks like he has had his apart a few times. Taking it apart for the first time is sometimes not super-simple, it can be a wrestling job to get the left and right side to let go. Dont worry about breaking it just pull both sides off then the front will release with a forward motion.

When reassembling, GPS plug in first, then the very front body clips, snap in the front then try to snap in the 2 sides behind sensor eyes. Sometimes one side goes in and the other doesnt, and you have to take it off, and retry. And sometimes it takes alot of force to snap the sides in, but it will eventually go in and align.

As he mentioned in the video, dont forget to put in the GPS plug first. If you forget, you will get a compass error message and a GPS error and then you will have to take it all off again and reinstall.

Thanks all for your suggestions, especially the video. Got it snapped back in place. I ended up removing the screws as shown in the video, but didn't need to take the shell off. Apparently, removing the screws allowed just play to snap the cover back.

Thanks all for your suggestions, especially the video. Got it snapped back in place. I ended up removing the screws as shown in the video, but didn't need to take the shell off. Apparently, removing the screws allowed just play to snap the cover back.
Removing the screws also just voided your warranty as an FYI.

Actually needed to remove the screws: four in the battery compartment, two rear ones on top, two under the front arms holding a small cover plate, two under the cover plate, and two over the forward vision sensor. The above video shows this in great detail.

There is no warranty seal on the screws.

Actually needed to remove the screws: four in the battery compartment, two rear ones on top, two under the front arms holding a small cover plate, two under the cover plate, and two over the forward vision sensor. The above video shows this in great detail.

There is no warranty seal on the screws.
There was on one of them. You probably didn't notice. By jamming the screwdriver into the slot, you may have dislodged the seal in it.

I noticed on mine that there was clear resin in the screw for the left cover, that the kind of seal you are on about

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov