DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many Mavic Pro batteries do you have? Is having 5 overkill?

DJI DelBoy

Reactions
So I'm thinking of maybe doing a part time job as a drone operator/video editor. There's still some research I need to do into whether it's feasible and this kind of work would involve driving around from location to location so I guess I would have to use the car charger if I'm running low on juice. I've heard the car charger is slow - and you need to leave the car on as well? At the moment I currently have 4 batteries and I'm considering getting a 5th.

Is having 5 batteries too much?
Or would it be better to get something like this instead of a 5th battery?

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Int...7377351&sr=8-3&keywords=mavic+battery+charger

I don't want to carry too much stuff around with me so it would have to be between a 5th battery or that portable battery charger/power bank.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, thanks!

I have been really happy with 4 batteries. I’ve never found the need for a 5th

2 battery banks and a filter case . Have never needed the banks but keep em there any way and normally only fly 4 battery's when I go out but like having a full one when on the way home in case I see something I might want to fly to .

I have 8 between 2 MP’s, but I normally fly 3 and have the 4th for a “maybe”.
I keep a log on every battery (voltage per cell, times charged, etc) and try to do a monthly check to balance use and charges between them. Old habit from my other drones. It’s worked out for me, so why mess with the recipe [emoji6]

Reactions: ZUCSTA and Clinton1
The battery life of the controller also has to be taken in to account. After 5 it must be down pretty low I would have thought.
Is but why I carry the banks. Just in case it does.
I have found depending on the temp outside my pad gets low first.

Reactions: mavic53
With 2 mavic’s I use 9 but one is getting tired after many charges also using 6-3600 Protek batteries But I fly 2-10 miles almost everyday weather permitting

Last edited:
2 but I would say 3 is the number. That's an hour of fly time and by then my mini would almost b ready for a charge

I have three. I would like to get a 4th but I don’t fly as much due to No Fly Zones and so many airports scattered about. 5 is not overkill. That car charger is useless. It only charges when the car is on and under load; as in hard acceleration. I’ve taken it out of my case-another reason to get two more batteries.

Reactions: 28mm and DJI DelBoy
I have 2 and 3rd one should be here today or tomorrow.

May be it is not a concern with Mavic but noticed it with smaller toy drones that if I use more than 3-4 batteries one after other the motors used to burn or had other mechanical issues.

What is general guideline around continuous operation for Mavic?

I have 2 and 3rd one should be here today or tomorrow.

May be it is not a concern with Mavic but noticed it with smaller toy drones that if I use more than 3-4 batteries one after other the motors used to burn or had other mechanical issues.

What is general guideline around continuous operation for Mavic?

Toy drones typically utilize brushed motors, which are less efficient, and burn out much much quicker than brushless motors. DJI uses brushless motors...I have never pushed it with my Mavic, but if I had to guess, you would get some sort of motor warning if you pushed it too hard.

Edit: I sadly only have 2 batteries at the moment. I would like to get 4 to be able to fill up the hub, but I just don’t have the time to sit and fly more than a couple of batteries worth in a day.

Reactions: coop64
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev