DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many Mavic Pro batteries do you have? Is having 5 overkill?

I fly with 4 battery's! That's a lot of "air time" though! If I'm flying with friends,I tend to not fly as much, with each of us taking turns!

D@mn, someone's got 5! And what's that in the top left hand corner of your case?

I see you've got the new low noise propellers. Has there been an improvement? Some people have said they cause vibrations and warning messages.
I think you need to have the updated FW. I have flown with those props and have had no issues.

I have 4. That gives me good Air time. Most of the time I fly 3. But having that extra battery if need be is nice to have.

So I'm thinking of maybe doing a part time job as a drone operator/video editor. There's still some research I need to do into whether it's feasible and this kind of work would involve driving around from location to location so I guess I would have to use the car charger if I'm running low on juice. I've heard the car charger is slow - and you need to leave the car on as well? At the moment I currently have 4 batteries and I'm considering getting a 5th.

Is having 5 batteries too much?
Or would it be better to get something like this instead of a 5th battery?

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Int...7377351&sr=8-3&keywords=mavic+battery+charger

I don't want to carry too much stuff around with me so it would have to be between a 5th battery or that portable battery charger/power bank.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, thanks!
I have six. Just for fun, not a 'professional'

So I'm thinking of maybe doing a part time job as a drone operator/video editor. There's still some research I need to do into whether it's feasible and this kind of work would involve driving around from location to location so I guess I would have to use the car charger if I'm running low on juice. I've heard the car charger is slow - and you need to leave the car on as well? At the moment I currently have 4 batteries and I'm considering getting a 5th.

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Int...7377351&sr=8-3&keywords=mavic+battery+charger

I don't want to carry too much stuff around with me so it would have to be between a 5th battery or that portable battery charger/power bank.

I have

i have 4 for my Mavic Pro, and 5 for my spark

Hi there. Just waiting for my mavic pro to be delivered, and i already bought a spare battery, so I'll have two (but I suspect I'll be getting a third one...)

A couple of questions: How long does a battery take to fully charge?

Can you (should you?) charge it if it has half charge left?

Thanks

It takes an hour to charge one battery. Or you can get aftermarket charger that can charge all three batteries and the RC in one hour. Are used aftermarket and it works great

Can you (should you?) charge it if it has half charge left?

You can. Its an intelligent battery sa dji label it. :)

At the moment I currently have 4 batteries and I'm considering getting a 5th.

I have five batteries and that charger. For me, five batteries is overkill, I’ve never needed more than four. It was an ordering accident that resulted in a fifth battery.

The charger is great. It’s fast AND charges three batteries, the remote and my iPad mini simultaneously. The simultaneous charging let’s me keep up with recharging batteries. Since I can discharge two-three batteries in an hour (considering leaving some reserve in the battery and allowing a few minutes between flights for battery swap & flight preparation) by the time I start using the fourth battery the first is usually charged. By the time the fourth is discharged, the first will always be charged. That assumes I have AC power available near where I’m flying. My car has an inverter, so I have AC. Inverters that plug into cigarette lighters are available relatively inexpensively, if you don’t have one built in. I find I can do this without the engine running, but haven’t tried it for more than an hour slightly more. By then I’m usually moving on. That’s a lot of flying in one session for me.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
The battery life of the controller also has to be taken in to account. After 5 it must be down pretty low I would have thought.

There is a cable that allows use of Mavic intelligent battery for charging controller & phone/pad. Perhaps more economical is battery powered phone charger. This could charge controller too. The micro USB port on controller can be used for charging while phone connected to the USB B full size) connection. I’ve not had any luck using the USB-B connection for charging.

I have 5 batteries. I think it's the right amount. I can keep charging 2 batteries in my car.
That way I can keep going all day while charging.
Any fewer and I'll run out of power if I keep flying. That's only an hour and a half of flying.

Also I have a USB phone charger that I use while flying. It keeps the controller at 100% all the time.
I bought a big one, and a smaller one. The smaller one works great. It's enough.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
Just purchased this package (should have it monday) it comes with 4 I may add a 5th with the money I saved. Last time I only had 2 batteries and it just wasn't enough.20180201_050238.png

This is the set up I have I’m good to go no matter where I’m at.

Attachments

• 8096FE69-DB74-4F15-917C-E320D4834069.jpeg
    8096FE69-DB74-4F15-917C-E320D4834069.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
After using 4 batteries, my iPhone usually starts giving me low-battery warnings; so I would have little use for a 5th battery.

After using 4 batteries, my iPhone usually starts giving me low-battery warnings; so I would have little use for a 5th battery.

CrystalSky will fix that! I’ve dedicated a 5.5” CS to my Mavic setup and have a spare battery for my CS but hardly ever find that I need it.

3-4 batteries is ideal, 5+ is just awesome [emoji41]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760