DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many Mavic Pro batteries do you have? Is having 5 overkill?

I had 3 batterys but 1 puffed up that big it disconnected 60 feet up and killed my mavic drone doctors is fixing it for me i cant wait to get it back.
be careful draining you batts down below 10 %
I was really lucky i was bringing mavic home and id been flying at about 350 feet just before when i got about 100 feet in front of myself my mavic just dropped like a stone from about 60 feet and did alot of damage imy battery was at 6% very expensive mistake.

So I'm thinking of maybe doing a part time job as a drone operator/video editor. There's still some research I need to do into whether it's feasible and this kind of work would involve driving around from location to location so I guess I would have to use the car charger if I'm running low on juice. I've heard the car charger is slow - and you need to leave the car on as well? At the moment I currently have 4 batteries and I'm considering getting a 5th.

Is having 5 batteries too much?
Or would it be better to get something like this instead of a 5th battery?

https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Int...7377351&sr=8-3&keywords=mavic+battery+charger

I don't want to carry too much stuff around with me so it would have to be between a 5th battery or that portable battery charger/power bank.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, thanks!
Well, there are 4 batts in the pockets and one in the Pro, If you need more reloads than that, it would mean that on average 2.5 hrs flying time is not enough to do your flying, wether for buisness or pleasure.
If that IS the case buy another one for an extra half hour more or less of flying beyond that, if you are only thinking that you "may" need one more for a "possible" buisness you need to get THAT idea going first.
I have NO buisness for my birds but have 4 batts, just because I can get carried away and may need one.
I love that case setup though, ace!

With all respect, I worry about overflying my Pro and it heating up.
2 hrs of flying deserves a decent break, Fatigue while operating a flying set of swords is another concern.
Vision, thinking and reaction time are all affected with time and intense operating,
So, 5 batteries (6 in your case) in my opinion are just about over the limit for me.
Here is my charge plan (never used it completely yet.)
I charge the first batt as I insert the 3rd for flying after a cooling break for the machine, and the fatigue break comes in between the 3rd and 4th.
I've only ever got as far as the second battery, so then I had two full cold ones left for a possible next flight and two to charge.
I found that it is way more fuel than I need, but extra's are cool to have.

So, if you feel that a 6th battery is needed go buy it!
If you never use it, rotate your batts for charging and always keep three at idle/long term/20%, as you are not likely to use them.
That also kills the idea for a portable charge pack (which I also have but never use).
Your house is probably much like mine, a lot of things that are expensive but never used much.
If I were to have a yard sale, I would need my neighbors yard as an overflow.
And if everything sold out, I could retire and get that Greyhound motorhome filled up.
Hope that helps.

I am doing ok with 3 batteries. I anyway rarely fly more than one at each location so I always have time to re-charge while in transit thanks to the car charger.

As someone else already mentioned, one flying, one waiting, one charging (which I always make sure gets cooled down before plugged in).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760