• 46-60

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • 15-25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm 61 but work alongside 20 yr olds and meet the same standards of production quotas even though I'm 3 times their age. My first passion was the martial arts and has kept me young and quick on my feet. It's amazing how quickly time passes. Even though I'm in my 60's it doesn't register in my brain. In my head I feel more like my 30's.

I'm 61 but work alongside 20 yr olds and meet the same standards of production quotas even though I'm 3 times their age. My first passion was the martial arts and has kept me young and quick on my feet. It's amazing how quickly time passes. Even though I'm in my 60's it doesn't register in my brain. In my head I feel more like my 30's.
Something tells me those production quotas are governed by the output of the 20 yr olds you work with, had they be governed by what your standard would be..you wouldn't be working by the same young chaps :p I spent 10 years in the Marines and was told that every 2 years in the military was equal to 5 "normal" years...So tack that onto my 56 years young and add 10 years of Mixed martial arts from the 90's and I am about shot and it hit my body in about 4 years time to go from from do anything to do nothing. Except standing in a field flying these darn things :)

That and because we didn’t have these things when we were young.
Old dogs learning new tricks! Since being first licensed as an amateur radio operator at age 9, I've had a love for anything gadget-wise and electronic. That, coupled with my early adaptation to the 'computer age', has given me a strong desire to keep up with 'techie' stuff when I can. Technology has been improving at an extremely accelerated rate in the last 40 years or so, and these new-fangled 'flying computers with cameras' are just another avenue to explore and get familiar with. And it's FUN!

Old dogs learning new tricks! Since being first licensed as an amateur radio operator at age 9, I've had a love for anything gadget-wise and electronic. That, coupled with my early adaptation to the 'computer age', has given me a strong desire to keep up with 'techie' stuff when I can. Technology has been improving at an extremely accelerated rate in the last 40 years or so, and these new-fangled 'flying computers with cameras' are just another avenue to explore and get familiar with. And it's FUN!
And it keeps us young ?

Geri Halliwell famously said to Nelson Mandela "You're only as old as the woman that you're feeling."
So my two incredible beauties, averaged out, make me 15 years younger than my actual age. :D

Reactions: TommyP
Been flying drones since I got my Mavic Pro when it came out in 2016. Got myself a Mini 2 a couple of months back and love it!

I am also surprised at the poll’s numbers - up to now - of 60 and over.

Don’t get hung up too much over age, it is just a number.
One of my other passions is riding my road bike. Rode close to 5,000 km last year at good speed and aim to pass that number this year.
I’d like to combine riding with flying my drone to make some footage. I shoot good bike footage with my GoPro but to date have not been comfortable to shoot some with the drone (omni-present high obstacles in the Canadian countryside where I ride, mostly trees and power / utility related).

Last edited:
Reactions: Teebee
That is an interesting result. 73% over age 60!! I guess we are all kids at heart.
That and we can afford it more after raising family’s I think.
Also I have been with this network since 2014 and seems the
younger members don’t seem to stay active in the forum long.
To many other things for the younger generation to do.
Seen lots come in hot then just crash and burn.

I'll be 80 this summer and every time I fly my M2P, it offers the same sense of awe now as when I got my driving license and again later, when I earned my glider pilot license.

Learning new skills is always a good thing and even more important when you reach my age.

Of course, at this point I fly very conservatively - slow speeds, pretty much only from open fields and never farther than about 100 meters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2