DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to avoid washed out video

Jcage

Reactions
I apologize if I haven't searched previous threads enough but have looked at some of the filter and video tweak posts and am still a bit confused about how to ensure my video is optimal for conditions.

I took recent trip to beach and on cold sunny days would have had spectacular fottage except everything looks "whitewashed" by sun and video is really washed out. My brother also has a Mavic and we both often have this issue.

Any quick answer or links to best current filters or settings to ensure good video quality would be much appreciated. If it's not that easy then please feel free to chime in with that answer too.

Thanks!

JC

ND filters, a lens hood, a basic understanding of photography/videography (i.e. exposure) and you'll be good as gold.

I find knocking the exposure value down two notches to -0.7 helps. I often use that setting with success on sunny days at the beach.

Quite alot of youtube videos on this. Search Mavic Pro best camera settings. If you don't really know much about video or camera settings, just try Auto exposure and "None" profile. It won't be perfect, but probably good enough.

ND filters, a lens hood, a basic understanding of photography/videography (i.e. exposure) and you'll be good as gold.
Thanks for the advice. Do you like the Freewell ND filters? FILTERS FOR DJI MAVIC 6 PACK . Also what Lens "hood" do you like Saw one on Amazon that looks like an opaque version of the Mavic's protective plastic OEM lens cover with a slot cutout opening to the lens. The one on my old 3DR Solo fit much like the filters on the GoPro lens with a little "duckbill" to shade the sun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d