DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Bypass The Updates

No. It'll keep appearing there. Just ignore it if you don't want to update.

How can I find out which FW is currently on my MP.

When I press the (...) on the flight screen and scroll down to "About" it tells me my App version (4.1.18) but no mention of FW.
It does show
Base App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05 and
Precise " " " " 01.00.01.07

Those numbers do not seem to indicate FW version
Also my Serial # has never shown up in the year I've owned it.:confused:

Thanks

When I press the (...) on the flight screen and scroll down to "About" it tells me my App version (4.1.18) but no mention of FW.
It does show

Thanks

Are you able to connect the Mavic to the DJI assistant? That should tell you which firmware you're on.

It does show

Thanks
You have to power up and be connected with the actual Mavic. It will then show beside "Aircraft" your current firmware version in the "About" screen.

My DJI GO 4 app updated to V4.1.18
I generally don't have auto update on but for whatever reason it happened.
I do have a back up apk of version V4.1.15
Should I revert to that 15 version or bite the bullet and go with the 18?

After reading some of the issues I'm a bit cautious.

I've not connected the Mavic yet to do the latest version upgrade..or am I committed?
I'm still running firmware version .0400 and Go4 app version 4.1.17
For some weird reason I had to update the app some time ago before it would let me fly. Really annoyed me as I didn't want to and I had taken the Mavic with me on a trip and had no internet connection at the time. I even flew it just before I left to make sure all was well. I was afraid I would then have to update the firmware to be compatible too, but as yet they are playing nice together.
I'm hoping to stay on firmware .0400 for as long as I can, or until a feature is released that I decide is worth updating for.
So far I have had zero issues with this firmware version and have been flying with it for 10 months.

I'm still running firmware version .0400 and Go4 app version 4.1.17
For some weird reason I had to update the app some time ago before it would let me fly. Really annoyed me as I didn't want to and I had taken the Mavic with me on a trip and had no internet connection at the time. I even flew it just before I left to make sure all was well. I was afraid I would then have to update the firmware to be compatible too, but as yet they are playing nice together.
I'm hoping to stay on firmware .0400 for as long as I can, or until a feature is released that I decide is worth updating for.
So far I have had zero issues with this firmware version and have been flying with it for 10 months.

Couldn't you go in to aeroplane mode and try to fly?

Couldn't you go in to aeroplane mode and try to fly?
My iPad was in airplane mode. There was no internet connection where I was at the time anyway, only cellular. My iPad is cellular but no sim card fitted.
I am still baffled as to how it decided it needed to update the app. I couldn't just ignore the request as per the standard firmware requests. It literally locked me out of flying until the app updated. Maybe it was a time limited thing? It really was frustrating after making sure the Mavic was all good prior to leaving home (I was working at the other end of the country and just took the Mavic in case) There was a cool Sun set one evening and I wanted to get a nice shot as I was staying out in a rural area. Fired everything up and the app would not get out of this update request page.
Once I came home, as soon as I turned airplane mode off to update she worked as normal.
BTW, the iPad I use is dedicated to the Mavic. I very rarely turn airplane mode off and hadn't done so for quite some time prior to this happening.

My iPad was in airplane mode. There was no internet connection where I was at the time anyway, only cellular. My iPad is cellular but no sim card fitted.
I am still baffled as to how it decided it needed to update the app. I couldn't just ignore the request as per the standard firmware requests. It literally locked me out of flying until the app updated. Maybe it was a time limited thing? It really was frustrating after making sure the Mavic was all good prior to leaving home (I was working at the other end of the country and just took the Mavic in case) There was a cool Sun set one evening and I wanted to get a nice shot as I was staying out in a rural area. Fired everything up and the app would not get out of this update request page.
Once I came home, as soon as I turned airplane mode off to update she worked as normal.
BTW, the iPad I use is dedicated to the Mavic. I very rarely turn airplane mode off and hadn't done so for quite some time prior to this happening.

That's quite strange... and scary

Hello Peeps. ok so I put up a message about my iPad having the video feed upside down. so I went thru the process of reloading the previous firmware and then doing the update again, this time thru the app instead of assistant. it went fine, I got my video feed right side up now. but........now I have a different issue. now the app shuts down the feed after about 3-5 minutes. the app doesn't close because I can see it open on my iPad Pro still. but I have to back out of the app then go back in for the feed to come back. this is the weirdest problem I have ever had . Im going to try my galaxy S7 edge and see if the android side is better later today. has anyone had anything like what I'm talking about? I can't even edit or view my pictures because the app shuts down

it also shuts down when using my spark. so its not the Mavic, its the app on the iOS side I believe. Is it better to use android system with Drones? it seems that my galaxy S7works great always with the app and the drones. I think I'm going to get a android pad for my drones only.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio