DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to (How I) Fly My MA Through a Steel Truss Bridge

Nice job ! Was it a M2P

Reactions: Si_Co
Nicely done! The symmetry of the bridge design really added to the video. Was that a forward flight, video reversed? Or reverse flight?

Last edited:
Very cool! You have more nerve than I. But, you did everything right to give yourself the best chance of a flight without crashing. Very nice.

Nice job very well planned! The video gives an unusual geometric effect. A nice creative shot.
I guess you inverted the scene. Too hard backing through without obstacle avoidance. Am I right or wrong?

My respect to your imagination.
Galopin from CHICOUTIMI, Quebec

The danger when doing this is magnetic disturbance and the drone not being sure which way it is moving, or more likely getting conflicting information from GPS and Compass - it's risky and inside that tube of steelwork with a big drop should anything touch, the chance of minor disaster is considerable.

Nice job very well planned! The video gives an unusual geometric effect. A nice creative shot.
I guess you inverted the scene. Too hard backing through without obstacle avoidance. Am I right or wrong?

Thanks for the comments. The footage was taken backwards, with me standing directly behind the drone.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

Nah, all backwards. I find flying backwards to be easier than forwards - standing behind the drone and “dragging” it backwards towards you.

The danger when doing this is magnetic disturbance and the drone not being sure which way it is moving, or more likely getting conflicting information from GPS and Compass - it's risky and inside that tube of steelwork with a big drop should anything touch, the chance of minor disaster is considerable.
I agree 4wd. I did do few test run throughs before the ‘big dance.’ I poked the drone into the mouth of the structure a couple of times, testing out the interference levels, as well as flying on top of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu