DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to retrieve DJI Mavic Flight Logs from an Apple Device

Wow, so many steps, need computer, itunes... On Android, just open file browser and navigate to FlightRecords folder. DONE. Right on your Mavic phone. Copy/paste, share, email, post directly to log analysis sites, etc. etc. Thumbswayup

For all pilots out there in need of this info regarding flight logs location and download of the same.

HOW TO: Retrieve DJI Mavic Flight Logs from an Apple Device - Mavic Help

/
I followed your instructions and copied the flight log from my IPhone to my computer. The file is saved in a folder called Flight Logs. Inside the folder is a list of all of my flights as you said. The problem I am having is when opening any one of these text files, all I see is what I call computer script. Nothing that I can read. What am I doing wrong.

That is exactly my next question, as I'm new to Mavic and learn as well ..

Maybe someone more experienced may chime in and let us know how to read the data!??

I followed your instructions and copied the flight log from my IPhone to my computer. The file is saved in a folder called Flight Logs. Inside the folder is a list of all of my flights as you said. The problem I am having is when opening any one of these text files, all I see is what I call computer script. Nothing that I can read. What am I doing wrong.

You can upload them here for more meaningful content
DJI Flight Log Viewer

I used an Apple ipad Mini2 when flying and never had to do all of that to get my flight logs. They were always easy to access via the Go 4 app. Maybe I'm missing something you said previously and don't have the complete picture. Just sayin'.

The logs accessible via the Go app contain very little data - just position/time. The txt logs stored on the device are far more comprehensive, but do require access to the file system using iTunes in order to retrieve them. The DAT files stored on the aircraft contain the greatest detail - much more even than the txt files. Those are retrieved using the Assistant app on a computer after connecting to the aircraft via USB.

I used an Apple ipad Mini2 when flying and never had to do all of that to get my flight logs. They were always easy to access via the Go 4 app. Maybe I'm missing something you said previously and don't have the complete picture. Just sayin'.
Yeah, those logs do not contain the complete flight information details.

i fly my mavic on an ipad mini 2 but don't have an mac computer any way to retrieve them on my windows laptop.
thanks

i fly my mavic on an ipad mini 2 but don't have an mac computer any way to retrieve them on my windows laptop.
thanks
You are new here, but did you read the instructions in the link posted in the very first post in this thread?

Steps to retrieve the TXT flight logs from an Apple device:
1) If you haven't installed iTunes on your Windows/Mac computer, then download it here and install it.

2) Start iTunes.

3) Connect your phone/tablet to your computer via a Lightning cable.

4) Click the mobile device icon at the top of iTunes (see the screenshot below) to access the contents of your phone/tablet.

iTunes-1.jpg

5) If using the current version of iTunes, go to "File Sharing" --> "DJI GO 4" --> "FlightRecords" (see the screenshot below) and click the "Save to..." button to copy that folder to your computer.

iTunes-2.jpg

If using an old version of iTunes, you'll need to access the "FlightRecords" folder from the "Apps" section of iTunes instead (see the screenshot below).

iTunes-3.jpg

6) Open the "FlightRecords" folder on your computer and locate the appropriate TXT file.

You are new here, but did you read the instructions in the link posted in the very first post in this thread?

Steps to retrieve the TXT flight logs from an Apple device:
1) If you haven't installed iTunes on your Windows/Mac computer, then download it here and install it.

2) Start iTunes.

3) Connect your phone/tablet to your computer via a Lightning cable.

4) Click the mobile device icon at the top of iTunes (see the screenshot below) to access the contents of your phone/tablet.

iTunes-1.jpg

5) If using the current version of iTunes, go to "File Sharing" --> "DJI GO 4" --> "FlightRecords" (see the screenshot below) and click the "Save to..." button to copy that folder to your computer.

iTunes-2.jpg

If using an old version of iTunes, you'll need to access the "FlightRecords" folder from the "Apps" section of iTunes instead (see the screenshot below).

iTunes-3.jpg

6) Open the "FlightRecords" folder on your computer and locate the appropriate TXT file.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK