DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m sure in time I’ll forget about it!! : /

Could you really afford your Mavic?

• Yes (saved/surplus cash/credit)

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No (if the other half finds out I’m dead)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Best not to think about it!! : /

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

1hoax

Reactions
Wondering if it’s just me sweating this one : )

I'm not sure 'afford' is exactly the right word. Did I have the money -yes. Should the money have been spent on something else other than a toy -yes. That said, I have since received a Part 107 license and now fly a drone (company owned) for work. I waited almost a year before buying the Mavic, for the refurbs to come out, which knocked a significant amount off the price.

Reactions: 1hoax and ToddR
I can afford it but it is not a smart purchase with my budget. but I have to keep myself going outside of my terrible job with hobbies so I don't mind the investment.

Reactions: 1hoax and ToddR
I think the clue in these posts is in the OP’s name!

Reactions: 1hoax
I can afford it but it is not a smart purchase with my budget. but I have to keep myself going outside of my terrible job with hobbies so I don't mind the investment.
Thats the truth, we all work hard and should enjoy some down time and invest in ourselves.
I suppose as things stand I can afford to but am anxious if the Mrs ever decides to look up the cost, as I know she won’t be mad but worst still disappointed!!!!! : )

Reactions: CorkersFPV
I suppose as things stand I can afford to but am anxious if the Mrs ever decides to look up the cost, as I know she won’t be mad but worst still disappointed!!!!! : )
do as i did,show her the look a like E58 and you wont get as much flack ,but it wont work if she knows your finances :)

Reactions: Erisaman
I'm not sure 'afford' is exactly the right word. Did I have the money -yes. Should the money have been spent on something else other than a toy -yes. That said, I have since received a Part 107 license and now fly a drone (company owned) for work. I waited almost a year before buying the Mavic, for the refurbs to come out, which knocked a significant amount off the price.
do as i did,show her the look a like E58 and you wont get as much flack ,but it wont work if she knows your finances :)
dude you’re a genius. Hopefully she just won’t pay any interest but if so this is crafty.....love it : )

It was a can vs should for me. I could afford it, but probably shouldn’t have purchased it. The only reason I did is my Best Buy was offering 18 month financing at 0%. I could buy it outright, or pay it off, but why not play with their money for a while.

Reactions: 1hoax
It was a can vs should for me. I could afford it, but probably shouldn’t have purchased it. The only reason I did is my Best Buy was offering 18 month financing at 0%. I could buy it outright, or pay it off, but why not play with their money for a while.
Same boat fella, lots of money to splash out in one hit. Far more pleasant to spread the cost as I’ve yet to find an worthy explanation for my new toy other than I love great quality gadgets : )

Same boat fella, lots of money to splash out in one hit. Far more pleasant to spread the cost as I’ve yet to find an worthy explanation for my new toy other than I love great quality gadgets : )

Yeah I got the old “happy birthday” when I bought mine, which was nice. Probably wouldn’t have been so nice had the actual purchase price had been known...

I can. I tried. So far Amazon won't take my money. Last Tuesday I ordered a MPP bundle from Amazon from TFS. Even paid for 2 day shipping. Two hours later I got an email stating delivery date was pushed back to Monday. I was naturally disappointed since I ordered in time for Friday delivery. I sent a civil email to CS saying I was disappointed that I would not be receiving it on time. They were nice about it and said they would forgo shipping charges. The next day they pushed it back to Tuesday and then to Wednesday. My credit card had not been charged yet even tho at the same time of this order I also ordered a set of ND filters. They were charged to my CC account but not the $1400 for the MPP. The filters arrived right on time Friday.
A chat with CS rep said they have to confirm it manually, whatever that means. They also suggested that I email TFS to see what was going on. TFS said I should contact Amazon and see why they had not released the funds.
14 emails later Amazon said I should contact my CC company. A phone call to them resulted in a three way call between me, Amazon, and the gal from the CC company. The gal from the CC company said there was no problem with the credit card and the only contact from Amazon was for the ND filters.
Sat. morning I cancelled the order, thinking I must be in never never land in their computer database. According to Amazon order confirmation can take between 12-24 hrs. It had been over 70 hrs.
I waited about an hour and ordered it again without the 2 day delivery. It's been around 30 hrs on this order and no confirmation yet.
Anyone else had this kind of problem? I would like to find the website of the TFS store, but everything just comes up looking like an Amazon page.
I have a rule that if things don't go at least kinda right when I do something then I am not supposed to do it. This ordeal is sure looking like it. Thanks

I can. I tried. So far Amazon won't take my money. Last Tuesday I ordered a MPP bundle from Amazon from TFS. Even paid for 2 day shipping. Two hours later I got an email stating delivery date was pushed back to Monday. I was naturally disappointed since I ordered in time for Friday delivery. I sent a civil email to CS saying I was disappointed that I would not be receiving it on time. They were nice about it and said they would forgo shipping charges. The next day they pushed it back to Tuesday and then to Wednesday. My credit card had not been charged yet even tho at the same time of this order I also ordered a set of ND filters. They were charged to my CC account but not the $1400 for the MPP. The filters arrived right on time Friday.
A chat with CS rep said they have to confirm it manually, whatever that means. They also suggested that I email TFS to see what was going on. TFS said I should contact Amazon and see why they had not released the funds.
14 emails later Amazon said I should contact my CC company. A phone call to them resulted in a three way call between me, Amazon, and the gal from the CC company. The gal from the CC company said there was no problem with the credit card and the only contact from Amazon was for the ND filters.
Sat. morning I cancelled the order, thinking I must be in never never land in their computer database. According to Amazon order confirmation can take between 12-24 hrs. It had been over 70 hrs.
I waited about an hour and ordered it again without the 2 day delivery. It's been around 30 hrs on this order and no confirmation yet.
Anyone else had this kind of problem? I would like to find the website of the TFS store, but everything just comes up looking like an Amazon page.
I have a rule that if things don't go at least kinda right when I do something then I am not supposed to do it. This ordeal is sure looking like it. Thanks
dont get it from amazon ? use straight dji

Wife and I have for the past 40+ years had an arrangement where if either of us took on an extra job or worked some overtime or something, that money could go into a private fund the other doesn't ask about. Works really well for us.

Don’t know about you guys, but I’m moving right along in that aging process... I wanna have as much fun as I can, WHILE I can! All those years raising kids ought to count for something ;)
))
Don’t know about you guys, but I’m moving right along in that aging process... I wanna have as much fun as I can, WHILE I can! All those years raising kids ought to count for something ;)

YOLO : )

Wife and I have for the past 40+ years had an arrangement where if either of us took on an extra job or worked some overtime or something, that money could go into a private fund the other doesn't ask about. Works really well for us.
Nice, I like the sound of that.
I’m sticking to the ‘what she doesn’t know won’t hurt’ and ‘if she doesn’t ask then no need to tell’ Plus she pays very little interest in this sort of stuff so : )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting