DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I had something strange happen with the Mavic today, need expert

JustinVV

Reactions
It was low to the ground and the video started to go silly, it looked like it was tumbling around. I thought it might have been attacked by a bird, or just fell out the sky, or the gimbal was going crazy. I couldn't make sense of all the images, all broken up streaming back, I hit the return to home and hoped for the best. It flew home. I replicated the flight and all was OK.

I was using an iPhone 6s plus with Airplane mode activated.

The logs look fine, but maybe an expert can take a look. It happened at position G

Maybe it was just interference with the video? I cant see anything in the logs.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
I just checked the footage, as it starts to clime after hitting RTH it just stoped. My guess is a glitch in the video feed and the video just stopped. I noticed it changed to photo mode on its own. So nothing went wrong with the Mavic or the Gimbal..

It seems that you were too low for the distance that you had gone out to, so the video signal started to break up. When you start to have video break ups like that try to gain altitude quickly. RF signals tend to propigate upward at an angle when they leave the antenna.

I just checked the footage, as it starts to clime after hitting RTH it just stoped. My guess is a glitch in the video feed and the video just stopped. I noticed it changed to photo mode on its own. So nothing went wrong with the Mavic or the Gimbal..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078