DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just got the DJI Goggles today. AMA.

It's as crisp as an iPad screen. The image is better than all of the other goggles I own (Fat Shark Dominator V3, HeadPlay HD, Avegant Glyph, Eachine Goggles One, Epson Moverio BT-300).

No.

I don't know if immersive is the right word. It's more like sitting in a movie theater and watching a huge screen. The screen is larger than all of the goggles I listed above.

Thanx.Thumbswayup

What your first flight was like....also...I wear glasses..and believe you do as well? I know the goggles fit well with the slot for glasses..I was just wondering how your glasses worked with the sharpness and if you had any blurring? My picture seems a bit blurred...so I might go to a bit stronger drugstore cheap-o's as suggested by some posts earlier..

I wear glasses and settled on a pair of $6 , +1.75 reading glasses from the Dollar store . I already have several pair of different strengths laying around in my hobby room so it was easy to find the right ones . I'm a big fan of the wide aviator style lenses , not because they are cool but I hate seeing the frame edges . These fit inside the goggles easily and didn't touch or scrub when I lowered the headset over my face . Clarity is amazing and it does look like a rear seat at a Imax to me .

Reactions: Merlin23
I don't understand how the video playback system works. I have the impression that we can only see videos recorded with the googles

Reactions: Achilles
Question: Dropped my SD card out of the Mavic and into the googles but could not read the card. has anyone else gotten playback to work?

I don't understand how the video playback system works. I have the impression that we can only see videos recorded with the googles

Trying to figure it out myself. The instructions mention "playback only of recorder drone footage" but even by dropping my SD csard into the headset, nothing worked.

Trying to figure it out myself. The instructions mention "playback only of recorder drone footage" but even by dropping my SD csard into the headset, nothing worked.

"playback only of recorder drone footage" with only googles i think ?

Is there a way other than dji assistant to update the goggle software?
Per the DJI Goggles FAQ:

"There are three main ways to update firmware: 1. Directly connect your DJI Goggles to a PC. 2. Pair your remote controller, drone, and DJI Goggles before connecting the remote controller to a PC, and update all three devices together. 3. Pair your remote controller, drone, and DJI Goggles, then connect the remote controller with the DJI GO app (or GO 4.0) to update the three devices simultaneously within the app."

The DJI Assistant 2 app is probably the easiest out of these options. That's how I updated my goggles.

Reactions: moonlitnite
Reactions: Drone Master
How's the responsiveness of the head tracking? I imagine for pitch it would be more responsive than for yaw because of the horizontal gimbal movement limit (whole aircraft has to turn). Is it very much noticeable? Any difference in perceived delay between fixed wing mode and normal mode? Thanks.

What your first flight was like....also...I wear glasses..and believe you do as well? I know the goggles fit well with the slot for glasses..I was just wondering how your glasses worked with the sharpness and if you had any blurring? My picture seems a bit blurred...so I might go to a bit stronger drugstore cheap-o's as suggested by some posts earlier..

I wear tri-focals and can not get any sharpness at all. Way too blurry. Sending them back.

Reactions: RobP62
Ordered first hour they were up for sale. Put wrong zip code and they sent them back and refunded my money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes