DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just updated the DJI Fly App on my Mini 2 with Version 1.6.12…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions

I am flying a Mini 2 with a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet (8" screen, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB Storage, Android 7.0). I down loaded the latest version of the DJI Fly App 1.6.12.

I ran three batteries through my Mini 2 this morning with no problems or issues. I tried all the options and all the all the camera settings and everything seemed to work as expected.

FYI: The DJI Fly app interface is compatible for Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, DJI FPV, DJI Air 2S, DJI Mini SE, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro

I went to the DJI Fly App Web Page says this…

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 1.6.12

Requires iOS 11.0 or above.

Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8
For older versions: Click to download

Android V 1.6.12

Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note10+ , Samsung Galaxy Note9, HUAWEI Mate40 Pro, HUAWEI Mate30 Pro, HUAWEI P40 Pro, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, Honor 50 Pro, Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi MIX 4, Redmi Note 10, OPPO Find X3, OPPO Reno 4, vivo NEX 3, OnePlus 9 Pro, OnePlus 9, Pixel 6, Pixel 4, Pixel 3 XL

The Release Notes are still from 17 June 2022…

So, the only information I can get relative to this update is what appeared on my screen as I performed the update and here are the screen shots as they appeared on my Tablet as I performed the Update…

On Screenshot 4, I was asked if I wanted to participate on the Product Improvement Project and I selected "Not Now"

Screen 1.png

Screen 2.png

Screen 3.png

Screen 4.png

Screen 5.png

Here is a YouTube Video on the DJI Fly App 1.6.12 submitted by a Mini 3 Flyer…

That's all I've got…

Last edited:
Reactions: New England Droning

I am flying a Mini 2 with a Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet (8" screen, 3 GB Ram, 32 GB Storage, Android 7.0). I down loaded the latest version of the DJI Fly App 1.6.12.

I ran three batteries through my Mini 2 this morning with no problems or issues. I tried all the options and all the all the camera settings and everything seemed to work as expected.

FYI: The DJI Fly app interface is compatible for Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, DJI FPV, DJI Air 2S, DJI Mini SE, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro

I went to the DJI Fly App Web Page says this…

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 1.6.12

Requires iOS 11.0 or above.

Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8
For older versions: Click to download

Android V 1.6.12

Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note20, Samsung Galaxy Note10+ , Samsung Galaxy Note9, HUAWEI Mate40 Pro, HUAWEI Mate30 Pro, HUAWEI P40 Pro, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, Honor 50 Pro, Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi MIX 4, Redmi Note 10, OPPO Find X3, OPPO Reno 4, vivo NEX 3, OnePlus 9 Pro, OnePlus 9, Pixel 6, Pixel 4, Pixel 3 XL

The Release Notes are still from 17 June 2022…

So, the only information I can get relative to this update is what appeared on my screen as I performed the update and here are the screen shots as they appeared on my Tablet as I performed the Update…

On Screenshot 4, I was asked if I wanted to participate on the Product Improvement Project and I selected "Not Now"

View attachment 153445

View attachment 153447

View attachment 153448

View attachment 153449

View attachment 153450

Here is a YouTube Video on the DJI Fly App 1.6.12 submitted by a Mini 3 Flyer…

That's all I've got…
woohoo, works for me, I can go on vacation...

DJI fly has been working on iPhone for me. And It states on the box that it is made for Apple products.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
And It states on the box that it is made for Apple products.
Just a word to the wise. I believe you will find that it may not work with every Apple product. DJI does a pretty good job of testing their software with a lot of Apple and Android products, but not all, only the most popular…

Before I bought my Mini 2, I contacted DJI through the "DJI Forum"

and asked if my Galaxy Tablet S2 would work with the Fly App and they replied that they had not tested that product and would not recommend its use.

I went on numerous Web Sites and asked if there were any members who were using this setup and at that time, none responded. However, I checked the Web Site "PhantomHelp"

And they maintain a very comprehensive list of compatible products that the members have submitted; and I found that several of their members had good experiences with my Tablet…

So, even though DJI did not test my tablet, it worked out OK, I have also added a larger Tablet, a Galaxy Tab A8, and it also has not been tested by DJI, but I have been lucky in both cases…

However, there are numerous cases were a particular product does not work out so well. Devices crashing or locking up, lousy display (not bright enough), and overheating, etc…

So, my advice is for all to do their "Due Diligence" and research their products and not to trust to luck.

Well, if there are some looking for a compatible phone, the iPhone SE 1st gen works great!

Well, if there are some looking for a compatible phone, the iPhone SE 1st gen works great!
Here is a Screen Shot of the PhantomHelp Web Site...

apple.png

Reactions: DJI Rocky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne