DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

I agree that 4K is the way to shoot for future proofing but don't expect the image from the Mavic's camera to give you any huge improvement over 1080P.

Well, I'm sitting directly in front of a 4k monitor, and there the difference is huge.

Also, don't forget you can use 4k footage to fake longer focal lengths. You can losslessly zoom into the picture in post without losing quality if your final output is 1080p.

Reactions: Dmbrody and Strafe1
Mt. Lemmon is in that mountain range, but not visible at all from that distance. Since my house is at the base,I can actually see a small section of the road that goes "up the hill". It does get windy up there.

Reactions: vas67
Wow guys this is an adventure!, i keep reading all the chat, is like watching a movie, dis you ever found the Drone Pablo? And LawFlyer, you are super nice!

Colibrí Fly Safe

Lost my P2 this summer in Malta, behind a rock. Lost video and then the drone. It must have plunched into the sea. Took my loss and now have my mavic. Shame about the footage, because it was a nice boat trip with the kids. I think the fish will have a great laugh looking at the footage.

Great story about people helping people. Very heartwarming. I see lot's of beers for the future.

I think I am as curieus as any one else about the first reunited flight from Pablo. The weather should not be a problem this weekend I think. I live in the Netherlands and it is perfect flying weather this weekend.

Keep reading this post.
Brewsky

Reactions: LawFlyer
I'm in the Lake District. My first flight was a bit nerve wracking. The Mavic wasn't hovering very stable and the gimbal was very wonky. I was concerned. :confused:

Went back and did the IMU and gimbal calibrations more carefully. Second flight... as good as new! :cool:

I'm definitely still a bit panicked about flying Thurs thing now though, although maybe a tiny bit of fear is a good thing :p

I'm in the Lake District. My first flight was a bit nerve wracking. The Mavic wasn't hovering very stable and the gimbal was very wonky. I was concerned. :confused:

Went back and did the IMU and gimbal calibrations more carefully. Second flight... as good as new! :cool:

I'm definitely still a bit panicked about flying Thurs thing now though, although maybe a tiny bit of fear is a good thing :p
Not fun after any crash. I have had my share with some other quads,some that you just can't determine why it happened. Some that are obvious errors on the nut behind the wheel. It has an affect on the next few days of flying before you feel comfortable with the sticks again. It will get better.

Lost my P2 this summer in Malta, behind a rock. Lost video and then the drone. It must have plunched into the sea. Took my loss and now have my mavic. Shame about the footage, because it was a nice boat trip with the kids. I think the fish will have a great laugh looking at the footage.

Great story about people helping people. Very heartwarming. I see lot's of beers for the future.

I think I am as curieus as any one else about the first reunited flight from Pablo. The weather should not be a problem this weekend I think. I live in the Netherlands and it is perfect flying weather this weekend.

Keep reading this post.
Brewsky

Hi. I will be in Amsterdam this march. I will bring over the mavic. Please PM me on details about regulations and good spots to fly. Unfortunately I will stay near the airport so I will have to travel away to fly my drone.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi. I will be in Amsterdam this march. I will bring over the mavic. Please PM me on details about regulations and good spots to fly. Unfortunately I will stay near the airport so I will have to travel away to fly my drone.

Yep unfortunately the full city of Amsterdam is of limits [emoji19] AirMap set to "commercial" has the actual no-fly zones of the Netherlands, or check Drone no-fly zones | ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu

@salernod: it's what drvdijk says. In Amsterdam its basically a no fly zone, due to the airport. I live at the seaside near The Hague and that's a no flyzone as well because of Rotterdam Airport, a few helicopterports for two hospitals, the government and the living area of our king. But I am lucky because our coastal line is not prohibited.

Feel free to contact when you are in The Netherlands.

Kind regards and happy flying
Brewsky

Reactions: salernod
IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1170.JPG Found a twin (somewhat close anyway) to Mavic Mountain today. I was on the far west side of town today in a place that is not on any of my regular paths and had to stop for a second look. What do you think guys? (and ladies with guns)

Reactions: Pablo
Well, I'm sitting directly in front of a 4k monitor, and there the difference is huge.

Also, don't forget you can use 4k footage to fake longer focal lengths. You can losslessly zoom into the picture in post without losing quality if your final output is 1080p.

As you said sitting directly in front of your monitor. I said when I am 2 feet away I see the difference! When I move 10-12ft away which is normal viewing distance for a 65" screen I see almost no difference. Don't take my word for it, go to AVSL or another big forum and you will see plenty of people saying the same thing.
Keep in mind this is 4K BluRay vs (1080P) BluRay test. When you go into Bestbuy they put on 1080P satellite or cable signals on the 1080P TV's and then show 4K HDR BluRays on the 4K TVs. The sales tricks never seem to end.

Reactions: Skyler
View attachment 4830 View attachment 4831 Found a twin (somewhat close anyway) to Mavic Mountain today. I was on the far west side of town today in a place that is not on any of my regular paths and had to stop for a second look. What do you think guys? (and ladies with guns)

Haha, it does look pretty similar. More of a cousin than a twin I'd say :D

I think I'll not fly around that one just yet. Still working on getting familiar with this new controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan