DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idiot award?

Bunyip

Reactions
I nominate me, did th pre flight check, battery good, Compass good, take off and try to point camera down, alarm goes off, gimbal not working correctly.
Kick self, rapidly bring MP home, land and turn off, remove gimbal lock and start again, much better.
There, I've saved someone else the award this week.

Last edited:
You are in good company my friend. After watching so many beginner videos I knew I would not do that; of course I did. I taped some streamers to it so it is very obvious when it is mounted.

I nominate me, did th pre flight check, battery good, Compass good, take off and try to point camera down, alarm goes off, gimbal not working correctly.
Kick self, rapidly bring MP home, land and turn off, remove gimbal lock and start again, much better.

You're at the end of a very long line :)

Welcome to the club.

Jake

Reactions: Vilco and Bigolg75
On my phantom there was a much smaller gimbal lock and I didn't realise it was on for a the first week I took it on holiday to Iceland, ruining all the shots virtually [emoji23]

the other trick is taking off, flying somewhere, hit record or shutter and realise that the SD card is still in the hdd or computer
Done that once, luckily I almost always have backup cards when I take drone or camera out

Reactions: ssvdh66 and sar104
Tomorrow job, attach a streamer or two and try to stay at the end of the queue.

It only deserves the Idiot Award if you do it more than one time. Usually, after happening once, not removing the lock is like forgetting to take off your shoes when you go to bed.

...... Or forgetting to take the disk lock off your road bike before giving the gas ;-))
Yeah - you only do it once !

We all have done it one time or another.

I think we all have our moments, thats whats video editing is all about. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: kykayak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky