DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im keeping track and its up to 4 times...

silverdragon

Reactions
Today is the 4th time my Mavic 2 Z went into auto-landing... It's been a stroke of luck that the aircraft has been no further than 50 feet or less. Theres no pattern. This time I was I was flying in APAS.. The last time I was in Hyperlaps approx. 50 feet high. The time before that I was in a hover 15 feet high about 20 ft distance. First time I dont remember exactly, could of been hovering...close proximity....BUT, anyways... the Aircraft going into auto landing for no apparent reason is taking my trust and faith away in the _Mavic 2 Zoom....When I get more time I will

Last edited:
Last edited:
Actually I'm 2.5 miles from the nearest NFZ... I factored that into the equation but 2.5 miles is a far from the NFZ. I actually park and tried out the App. In there and It showed NFZ on the RC.. and could not fly. So I drove to the area where I had 4 auto landings. 2.5 miles is a pretty far distance. So, my plan is this. I'm going to fly exactly 1 mile out from the NFZ and see what happens. Then I'm going to fly a 1/2 mile away.. I'm curious of the outcome.

So your 2.5 miles from the RED or BLUE?? Are you in an orange, Warning Zone?
The Map in the above link does not show the orange warning zones, but the app does....

Last edited:
I'm an 1/8 of a mile out of the orange.

I have a Spark, MPP, and a MA to try and experiment with. So when the drizzles and rains stop I will give it a go with those.

There ya go, put the theory to the test. Good luck, and report back, Im very curious..

Today, or shall I say 8:00 eastern standard time, sunny no wind I flew the Mavic 2 Z at the same exact place where I had the AC initiated auto-landing. I flew between 10 feet to 60 feet and no auto landing initiated. I also went to 401 for 10 seconds and 400 feet for 5 minutes. No auto landing initiated. Now, when I get a chance I'm going to spot 2 where I had an auto- landing and fly the same height pattern as I just performed in spots #1. Keep in mind all 4 places were within 50 yards of each other.....

Today is the 4th time my Mavic 2 Z went into auto-landing... It's been a stroke of luck that the aircraft has been no further than 50 feet or less. Theres no pattern. This time I was I was flying in APAS.. The last time I was in Hyperlaps approx. 50 feet high. The time before that I was in a hover 15 feet high about 20 ft distance. First time I dont remember exactly, could of been hovering...close proximity....BUT, anyways... the Aircraft going into auto landing for no apparent reason is taking my trust and faith away in the _Mavic 2 Zoom....When I get more time I will
How much battery did you have left? Did the aircraft initiated a RTH? I had something similar happen to me that is discussed in another thread (Battery Level Indicator Bar). Here is an interesting part of my comment - something I just noticed in the manual.

"If the aircraft is between 5m and 20m from the home point when the RTH procedure begins:
i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the home point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2m and then flies to the home point.
ii. If the RTH at current altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately."

I did have the RTH at current altitude disabled so the aircraft just started auto-landing over water about 5 feet away from the home point.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
How much battery did you have left? Did the aircraft initiated a RTH? I had something similar happen to me that is discussed in another thread (Battery Level Indicator Bar). Here is an interesting part of my comment - something I just noticed in the manual.

"If the aircraft is between 5m and 20m from the home point when the RTH procedure begins:
i. If the RTH at Current Altitude option is enabled the aircraft flies to the home point at the current altitude, unless the current altitude is less than 2m, in which case the aircraft ascends to 2m and then flies to the home point.
ii. If the RTH at current altitude option is disabled, the aircraft lands immediately."

I did have the RTH at current altitude disabled so the aircraft just started auto-landing over water about 5 feet away from the home point.
Everytime I had 47% or more. I know the first time when it initiated I had 53% and my low level battery was set to 15%. The second time was 47%, third was 51% or 50%....forth was 80%. And flying APAS....it went into RTH without warning.

UPDATE: This morning right after flying the M2Z I tested the Spark and MA in the same exact location that I had the RTH's with the M2Z..... NO RTH with either the Spark or MA.....both I hovered at 250 feet and 401....why 401 again? I tend to believe if I flew over the 400 mark something may happen. Just a inkglin....

Everytime I had 47% or more. I know the first time when it initiated I had 53% and my low level battery was set to 15%. The second time was 47%, third was 51% or 50%....forth was 80%. And flying APAS....it went into RTH without warning.

UPDATE: This morning right after flying the M2Z I tested the Spark and MA in the same exact location that I had the RTH's with the M2Z..... NO RTH with either the Spark or MA.....both I hovered at 250 feet and 401....why 401 again? I tend to believe if I flew over the 400 mark something may happen. Just a inkglin....
So to narrow this down and try to understand what is happening.

Have we determined that the auto-landing is the result of the RTH being initiated and the return at current altitude being turned off? If we can conclude that, then we can try to figure out why the RTH was started (lost signal for some reason, since it doesn't appear to be a battery issue).

post the .dat log file here pls, it would be helpful for others to see its content.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure