DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iMovie/Final Cut Error 10008

lambaline

Reactions
Hey I'd like to edit my videos in iMovie but whenever I try to export a project I get error 10008 on export. I've went through IMU calibrations, gimbal calibrations, different SD cards which are all class 10. I've spent time talking with both DJI support and Apple support and it seems like it's not an issue with the computer, but with the camera. I've tried googling it and posting on Reddit but I couldn't find anything. I can play the footage back in QuickTime or Finder's Preview but I want to edit it. I'd like to not get it repaired but it seems like that's my only option at this point. Have any of you here seen this issue?

I had a similar issue (don't recall the specifics) when using MP's MOV files with another application. I've simply set the recording to MP4 and to hell with MOV. IIRC I couldn't even convert the MOV files in Handbrake.

I did use Quicktime to export them to a smaller format ("web") but still MOV of course...

So - yes - there is something wrong with the MP's MOV files. Whether that happens "in camera" or somewhere else on the MP I don't know.

I had a similar issue (don't recall the specifics) when using MP's MOV files with another application. I've simply set the recording to MP4 and to **** with MOV. IIRC I couldn't even convert the MOV files in Handbrake.

I did use Quicktime to export them to a smaller format ("web") but still MOV of course...

So - yes - there is something wrong with the MP's MOV files. Whether that happens "in camera" or somewhere else on the MP I don't know.

I turned the format to .MP4 and I'm still getting the error.

I routinely take .mov files in the mavic and process in iMovie and export perfectly in .mp4. Perhaps format your SD card?

Then the issue may be somewhere on your Mac.
I called up Apple Support thinking this might be an issue, but we tried it in a new iMovie library, on an entirely new user account and I even tried it on a different machine, no luck.

I don't use iMovie but do edit in Final Cut Studio 7 with no issues. I have no issues with .mov files coming from the Mavic. Here is my workflow-

-shoot 2.7K 30fps .mov
-use MPEG Streamclip to convert to Apple Pro Res 422 (and sometimes downsample to 1080)
-import into FCP

I called up Apple Support thinking this might be an issue, but we tried it in a new iMovie library, on an entirely new user account and I even tried it on a different machine, no luck.
I would definitely try a new SD card if you haven't already!

I found something out about this. I had the same problem. When going though your file, look for the part that flickers quickly. Go back and scroll with the arrow. You will see a black frame. Delete all these frames you find like this and the error is fixed. Happened in my last movie I made with iMovie

I Think I found the answer to this problem. I got the same problem 10008 error when exporting from iMovie. I noticed that (as some else already mentioned above) at the end of movie clips on the timeline, there can be a blanc frame (black screen flicker). I think the reason it is there is an iMovie error due to the transitions. So I bet that everybody who is experiencing this problem has a transition just after the blanc frame.
So to solve this, check all the endings of movie clips on your timeline just before the transition. If it has a blanc frame, delete the transition. Then, pull the movie clip that had the blanc frame to the right. You will notice that the movie clip will extend somewhat. Than re-apply the transition. Check the clip again, you will notice that the blanc frame is now gone. Check each movie clip, repeat these steps if a black screen appears and you will be having no more problems exporting the movie.

I had this exactly problem with my first Mavic Pro. After switching out SD cards, and doing other obvious troubleshooting, the problem remained. Luckily I was within the Best Buy return period, so back it went.

The replacement was, and is, problem-free. It was definitely the first sample's hardware causing the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111