DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In Country: The War in Vietnam – 1968

Former Member

Reactions
Im a history buff, and this sounds like a great opportunity to hear and see, from different perspectives, what went on over there and here in the USA, and get a feel for how those involved felt at the time, and still feel. I honor those who served, and the families who lost. I know we have a good number of vets here on MP from the many conflicts the USA has fought in.

I hope the links work:

Don't Miss Vietnam 1968 Symposium!

Vietnam War Symposium

Im a history buff, and this sounds like a great opportunity to hear and see, from different perspectives, what went on over there and here in the USA, and get a feel for how those involved felt at the time, and still feel. I honor those who served, and the families who lost. I know we have a good number of vets here on MP from the many conflicts the USA has fought in.

I hope the links work:

Vietnam War Symposium
I used to work at Quantico at Hogan's alley, if I am in the area (seeing mom and cleaning her gutters,) I will be sure to stop by. Thank you for the heads up!

I hope the links work:

Vietnam War Symposium

I had a cousin in the Sea Bees on the Mekong Delta. I'm 60 years OLD and remember coming home from school and watching EVERY DAY on television on the news hoping not to see his name in the tally. He came home thankfully, but with Hepatitis C. He had a few blood transfusions when he was there. I respect EVERY person that put their lives on the line for us. Now for the politics... I'm sorry. Should we deport the service men and women that are "Illegal Immigrants"?

Reactions: Former Member
I'm 60 years OLD and remember coming home from school and watching EVERY DAY on television on the news hoping not to see his name in the tally.

Same here. We lost a couple of guys in my neighborhood back then, and there was a pall cast over the place for a long time. At the time, I wished I was old enough to enlist, but my dad was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Sorry to hear, we were young enough to just miss it but old enough to see what was going on.

It's still happening with our soldiers fighting abroad. Not as many casualties, but still shows up in the local papers now and then. Makes me sad to read about it.

I cant imagine what it was like in the world during in WW2.

It's still happening with our soldiers fighting abroad. Not as many casualties, but still shows up in the local papers now and then. Makes me sad to read about it.

I cant imagine what it was like in the world during in WW2.

Line up and die in some situations. WAR sucks, whether you win or not. My father was in the Pacific Theater during the Korean before I was born. Glad he came back or I wouldn't be here right now. WAR , What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Wow. Do you restore them? They all look to be in amazing condition.

Yes but keep 99% other original. In fact because you took care of me without knowing me for the part I needed, I just happened to have a ROCKET STOVE with your name on it.
I cannot confirm nor deny that it’s Unfired as well.

My 65 yr. old brother was there and made it back safe, with terrible acne being the worst of it. I’m 63 and was in the Army ‘74-‘77 and just missed it. Our 69 yr. old buddy is a Marine and made it back, but not without sacrifices. He still plays golf with us, but has severe shaking, nerve damage, from agent orange. Every soldier that went....’All gave some-Some gave all!’

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_