DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent camera setting when changing from (and to) 7X

BaldyBoyBilly

Reactions
Curious if there is a way to synchronize camera settings?

Example: shooting images w the regular camera and then switch to 7X.

The camera settings (iso, aperture and shutter) in the new mode are different every time from what they had been. I shoot in manual mode.

When I switch back to the regular camera the settings are different again, and not the same as when I switched out of the reg mode.

Is it possible to set “default” camera settings which would be present when switching from reg mode to 7X and back again?

Same question also when switching from photo to video and back again…how to keep the same settings?

Thank you for your reply.

Is it considered normal that when leaving the reg camera and then returning to it the settings are different?

Is it considered normal that when leaving the reg camera and then returning to it the settings are different?
Yes, because they are two different and separate cameras.

Unless you are using exploration mode they are basically 2 separated cameras. The changes you make are saved separately.

I think you're asking whether the settings for a particular camera change after switching to the other camera and back to the first. Right?

I don't recall seeing that happen.

I think you're asking whether the settings for a particular camera change after switching to the other camera and back to the first. Right?

I don't recall seeing that happen.
Exactly. I would think when returning to the reg camera that the settings would be the same as when I switched out of the reg camera.

Exactly. I would think when returning to the reg camera that the settings would be the same as when I switched out of the reg camera.
That's the way it works.
When you switch back to either camera, the settings are as they were when you used it last.

The tele camera is very different from the main camera.
It has no adjustable aperture - the aperture is fixed at f4.4.
If you are shooting in low light with the main camera at 1/15th sec & f2.8 what setting would you want the tele camera to show when you switched to it?

They are different cameras and it's just not realistic to expect them to show the same settings.
Change one and it doesn't (and shouldn't) change the other.

Clearly, I’m having a hard time clearly explaining:)

Say I’m in the reg camera. And I have settings l: iso 100, 1/60, f5.6.

Then I switch to the tele and set new parameters for the tele.

And then I switch back to the reg camera.

I would expect the settings to be iso 100, 1/60, f5.6. But they are not. They are random each time.

I would expect the settings to be iso 100, 1/60, f5.6. But they are not. They are random each time.
I've never seen that.
The settings stay as they were on my M3

If you do a little test shooting on your desktop (no need to start the motors), is that consistent?
Are you using auto settings which would change as the subject changes?

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13