DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor crash

Eijin

Reactions
Hi I have just done my first indoor crash entirely my fault I have lost the control and it bounced back from the wall and fell down to the floor. After the crash I have found this little piece of plastic on the floor and to be honest with you I'm not sure if it comes from the mavic but I can't see it would come from anywhere else. That's why I'm here to ask you guys do any of you recognise this little thing. If it does not come from the mavic please don't laugh:)

Attachments

• 20170522_213917.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20170522_213848.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
It's from the bottom of the left or right rear arm.

DJI-MAVIC-UBOXING11-1.jpg

Great thanks overall how durable mavic is should I worry much after such a crash?

Great thanks overall how durable mavic is should I worry much after such a crash?
They are fairly durable. Although with that being said it only take one hit in the right spot to cause major issues. Start by inspecting all propellers for damage. Make sure to remove them and inspect connection points as well. Inspect the body and arms of the aircraft for any cracks and damage. Make sure to fold and unfold all arms completely.

While the props are off, start up the motors manually with the CSC (both sticks down and in), and listen for any abnormal motor sounds like grinding. Also check the gimble and camera to make sure those are all functional.

Finally, if all is well, replace the props (even if not damaged) with a new set and attempt a hover. Slowly test all directional movement including gimble movement before attempting a full flight.

Good luck.

They are fairly durable. Although with that being said it only take one hit in the right spot to cause major issues. Start by inspecting all propellers for damage. Make sure to remove them and inspect connection points as well. Inspect the body and arms of the aircraft for any cracks and damage. Make sure to fold and unfold all arms completely.

While the props are off, start up the motors manually with the CSC (both sticks down and in), and listen for any abnormal motor sounds like grinding. Also check the gimble and camera to make sure those are all functional.

Finally, if all is well, replace the props (even if not damaged) with a new set and attempt a hover. Slowly test all directional movement including gimble movement before attempting a full flight.

Good luck.
It may sound silly...but how do you test gimble movement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J