DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inspire to Mavic to P4P

Piros

Reactions
Sold my Inspire and picked up a Mavic Sept last year . Really love this little drone and I was so sick of air travel with the Inspire............but I'm really starting to miss the cinematic image of the Inspire plus the ground clearance and gimbal issues in higher winds .I film surf and launch from boats which can make the Mavic a tricky catch.

Since I just stuck my Mavic at the top of a monstrous tree and not looking good to get it back , I'm looking hard at not replacing the Mav and getting the P4P purely for the camera quality and its a more practical design for my use. I won't consider another Inspire. I pushed the settings pretty hard in the Mav but I don't think i will ever be really happy with it , the P4P just seems to have that camera edge.

Would appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks Rob

Reactions: Fausto
Well, you're getting a 1-Inch CMOS sensor for a start. Yes, you can get some excellent images with the Mavic but it's sensor will never compete with that.

Basically, one is trading off image quality against convenience.

Yeah sounds to be like a P4P might suit you. I have no idea why DJI haven't released some sort of monstrous mavic-phantom hybrid yet with a folding design. It could still be a lot smaller than a phantom when folded but permit a P4P size camera - I think it would sell like crazy.

Thanks Boris my thoughts exactly, when you cut the Mavic to my other pro cameras it pains in quality, not obvious to the average punter. The Inspire fills that gap but it's like karting a truck to location and no battery life on an airline. You get one 30 min flight. The P4P fills the hole on dynamic range and cinematic quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi