DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad Mini 2

HeavensAbove

Reactions
Is anyone using iPad Mini 2 with the Mavic 2 Pro as I would often get processor maxed out warnings when using with Mavic 1? That was even after wiping it and only installing Go4 as additional app.

Just wondering how it copes with Occusync 2.0 or if I’m going to have to start looking at an upgrade to a more modern device for viewing.

Is anyone using iPad Mini 2 with the Mavic 2 Pro as I would often get processor maxed out warnings when using with Mavic 1? That was even after wiping it and only installing Go4 as additional app.

Just wondering how it copes with Occusync 2.0 or if I’m going to have to start looking at an upgrade to a more modern device for viewing.

Someone was complaining about theirs lagging hard so id assume a 2 wouldnt be ideal.

My IPad mini 4 was giving a lot of lag and breakups/pixelation.

Caching was switched off and video feed not HD.

I think it's the most recent Go4 app that's buggy.

Been using an iPad Mini with my Mavic Pro 1 without any issues since I bought the MP.

Which version of Mini, Go4 version and what iOS? My Mini 2 16GB was always latest versions it could be. I wiped it and would still see warnings about processor maxed out occasionally.

The S7 video feed could be a bit flaky (breaking up at short distance) but that was running other apps as was my main personal mobile phone.

Will probably try the S7 wiped because it has GPS and if no good try the S9 (it will be fully loaded though), but may need to invest in a mount for the 10.5 iPad Pro. Anyone got one for the Mavic 2 that they’d recommend?

Which version of Mini, Go4 version and what iOS? My Mini 2 16GB was always latest versions it could be. I wiped it and would still see warnings about processor maxed out occasionally.

The S7 video feed could be a bit flaky (breaking up at short distance) but that was running other apps as was my main personal mobile phone.

Will probably try the S7 wiped because it has GPS and if no good try the S9 (it will be fully loaded though), but may need to invest in a mount for the 10.5 iPad Pro. Anyone got one for the Mavic 2 that they’d recommend?

I am using an Ipad Mini 32GB; IOS v11.4.1; GO4 v4.2.24. Ipad is a couple of years old at least with lots of stuff on it including many games that my grand kids loaded. Never an issue using it with the Mavic or my Inspire. That cannot be said about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8. That started giving me video issues many firmware upgrades ago. The more the app demands, the more it stretches out the demands on the tablet. I have never been an apple fan, but the mini is a fantastic machine. If I were to guess, I would say your issues lie in having the 16 GB version compared to my 32 GB. Or, maybe you need to reset the mini to factory settings.

Reactions: low747pfe
I am using an Ipad Mini 32GB; IOS v11.4.1; GO4 v4.2.24. Ipad is a couple of years old at least with lots of stuff on it including many games that my grand kids loaded. Never an issue using it with the Mavic or my Inspire. That cannot be said about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8. That started giving me video issues many firmware upgrades ago. The more the app demands, the more it stretches out the demands on the tablet. I have never been an apple fan, but the mini is a fantastic machine. If I were to guess, I would say your issues lie in having the 16 GB version compared to my 32 GB. Or, maybe you need to reset the mini to factory settings.

As I said I already tried wiping it - it worked fine in the early days but the issues started after Go4 was updated and it had the issue ever since. I tried various cache settings and could still not get the issue to disappear.

Then it must have to do with the fact that its only a 16 GB mini versus my 32 GB.

Update. I started getting an error on my iPad mini2. I am getting the message "Mobil Device CPU fully loaded". I am going to start a new thread to address this new issue.

No need for a new thread. That is the issue we are talking about.

I don't agree. It may be the same issue, but no one had mentioned that specific error message. By starting a separate thread I may find others that are getting that specific error warning.

i found an article with some tweaks to get more performance out of ipod/DJI Go here.
it mentions updating the iOS. i would NOT update to iOS 11.* as it is a turd that users regret upgrading to. (slow/laggy)
iOS 12 looks promising.

from what i've been reading, the GO 4 app is pretty bloated, and far from optimized. saw a youtube video of a 3.* Go app user complaining about Go 4.

i have a iPad mini 2 cellular on the way planned for dedicated Mavic 2 pro.
may end up buying 'Litchi' software to fly. they have a beta out for Mavic 2.

no one had mentioned that specific error message.
first sentence in the thread. ↓
Is anyone using iPad Mini 2 with the Mavic 2 Pro as I would often get processor maxed out warnings when using with Mavic 1?

Reactions: HeavensAbove
i found an article with some tweaks to get more performance out of ipod/DJI Go here.
it mentions updating the iOS. i would NOT update to iOS 11.* as it is a turd that users regret upgrading to. (slow/laggy)
iOS 12 looks promising.

from what i've been reading, the GO 4 app is pretty bloated, and far from optimized. saw a youtube video of a 3.* Go app user complaining about Go 4.

i have a iPad mini 2 cellular on the way planned for dedicated Mavic 2 pro.
may end up buying 'Litchi' software to fly. they have a beta out for Mavic 2.

first sentence in the thread. ↓
I've tried the Mini 2 with the Mavic 2 Pro and it's just as bad as it was with the MP. I've even seen the CPU maxed warning on my iPhone 6 now (just the once mind you). DJI need to look at having settings which reduce CPU load on older devices or adapt automatically. We know they're capable of handling the video feed it's just the extra stuff that's been added in over various updates that seem to cause the issue.

What has been added that is that processor unfriendly? I have NEVER read anything in release notes that would cause a problem.
I'll admit that the ipad mini 2 is nearing its service life.
There has been a lot of discussion about Apple products in that vintage. It seems Apple built in a "slow down" chip for when the internal batteries get weak. Maybe its just the battery in the old ipad?

There has been more than one thread about things like this, memory errors and cpu overloads so some searching might help. Instead of starting new threads.

What good is downloading the latest app, if you never update the OS on your device? Most of the App updates are specifically for OS changes, firmware changes, Or minor glitches.
The people that dont have trouble most of the time report newest, firmware, newest OS, and newest DJI go 4.

I use Iphone 6, a 4th gen ipad, an ipad air 1, and an iphone 7 plus. All work just fine. Just depends one which one has the fullest battery when I get a chance to fly.
Try uninstalling the app completely and redownload and install it. Check firmware, and IOS. to see if they are current.

Reactions: Kingram

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv