DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 4 Cellular - SIM use question?

judexromo

Reactions
I need to know if you can still use the Maps and Follow Me mode if you DON'T insert a SIM? I'm planning to buy a mini 4 cellular, and don't want to buy a SIM and add a new line with data. Thanks.

You do not need to insert a SIM and/or activate the cell service in order to use the GPS receiver on an Apple device. While only GPS is required to use Follow Me, you'll need an Internet connection in order to download the maps. You could cache the maps in DJI GO in a location where you have an Internet connection before you head out to fly or tether your iPad Mini 4 to a device that is sharing its Internet connection via a hotspot.

You do not need to insert a SIM and/or activate the cell service in order to use the GPS receiver on an Apple device. While only GPS is required to use Follow Me, you'll need an Internet connection in order to download the maps. You could cache the maps in DJI GO in a location where you have an Internet connection before you head out to fly or tether your iPad Mini 4 to a device that is sharing its Internet connection via a hotspot.

Thanks for that great info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78