DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 guys

Fearless Flight

Reactions
How much memory did you guys choose for you Mini 4.

I will only be using it for flying quads so I won't be loading it up with other stuff.

I will only be using it for flying quads so I won't be loading it up with other stuff.
16GB is all you need. The size refers to application and data storage, not the RAM. The cpu and ram are the same across the models.

I guessing you meant "storage".

While mine has 126gb, 16gb is good enough if you aren't doing anything else with it. I have a 16 gb Ipad Air and its fine. I've got a few drone type apps on it including Litchi. But I don't put photos or music on it. No games... Just or flying...

32GB cellular, because I couldn't justify the cost to use 'just for flying' :)

I also wanted maps whilst flying that's why I went with cellular. I know I can tether to my phone but I prefer not to do that. That's a battery wasting proposition.

Reactions: Kestrel
I'm using my old non-celluar iPad Mini 2 without any hiccups whatsoever. It has 1GB RAM and 64 GB storage which is nowhere close to being full. I've set the DJI GO 4 app at 4GB of cache.

Mine is 64gb but only because I store the vids I take on it. And I carry 12gb of tunes for commercial airplane flights and a movie or two.

16GB has been working just fine for me too. I only use my iPad Minis for flying.

Reactions: Soundtekk
I am using a mini 2 with retina, 64gb and it's loaded full of other programs including my Navionics marine app. The DJI Go works great but I am thinking about doing clean install of iOS and just loading up my flying and boating apps.

Just got my ipad mini 4 yesterday and flew the Mavic with it. Such an improvement over using my Samsung S5! Got the 16 GB because it was less money and I only intend to use it to fly the Mavic.

Got a question regarding maps before I purchase.

If I use a non-service cellular iPad mini 4 will I still be able to view maps or do I need to cache them like wifi-only iPad users?

I just bought my first ever apple device to use with my Mavic. After reading this thread I decided I would try the iPad Mini 4 16gb cellular+wifi. I did not get a cellular sim for it, I'm just going to use bluetooth tethering with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Any tips on what apps I should run? I'm going with just DJI GO 4 for now until I get some advice on other apps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78