DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini mount for Mavic Pro

As nice of a build quality as it looks, it still restricts your view of the remote. I would love to find something of that quality that would still allow the ipad to be behind the controller or at least keeping the remote in view
I understand the concern.

In my experience, as I got more experienced with flying, I didn't need to look at the sticks, alot like not having to look at the pedals when learning to drive.

Having the screen outside your hands center of gravity would throw it way off. And I definitely know that balance is far more important for a good shot. The Crystal sky is pretty heavy, and you'd be fighting the controller falling out of your hands if it was in front of the controller.

But, because you can just loosen the ballhead and swing the screen below the controller and use it like the DJI solution (you can choose) you can still see the controller while you acclimate to flying. i think after a while seeing the controller wont be a thing anymore. and if its for the screen on the controller, well the phantom 2/3/4 mavic and inspire 1 and 2 pilots can tell you its not necessary.

hope this helps with understanding why its where it is. :)

Reactions: Possum
Personally, I look for an extension that is the most compact/flat (to carry in "fly more combo bag" and get the screen the closest possible to the joysticks so you don't need to move your entire hand to access some options...
I got the Skyreat tablet holder. It is made of aluminium and very well constructed. It folds almost flat and fits in the FMC bag (inside its grey carry bag on right pictured below). It also came with the red RC joystick protector.
photo-2-jpg.24195

$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

You do need to "move your entire hand" from the RC to the tablet to access some options, but it is a very short move.

With the tablet on top of the controller, the setup is very well balanced. There is plenty of room for hands underneath to operate the RC. If I need to see the RC display (rare), I just tilt the bundle.

There is a newer version of this holder available but it does not look like it will fold as flat.

Last edited:
I got the Skyreat tablet holder.
There is a newer version of this holder available but it does not look like it will fold as flat.

they had to make a newer version because ipads were literally falling right out, the plastic ball joint they use was failing, and ipads were cracking when they hit the ground.

they had to make a newer version because ipads were literally falling right out, the plastic ball joint they use was failing, and ipads were cracking when they hit the ground.
Wow! I didn't know that. Mine is holding up well but I will keep an eye on it.

I liked the construction of the MavMount but I needed one that folds flat to fit in the FMC bag. That and the MavMount is just too expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studoo
it looks good but it covers the antennas a bit. For the range it is better to have the device on the bottom
thanks

it looks good but it covers the antennas a bit. For the range it is better to have the device on the bottom
thanks
That's absolutely not the case. range is completely unaffected. I've had my mavic out over 8000 feet on a shoot in costa rica with no drop in signal at all.

That's absolutely not the case. range is completely unaffected. I've had my mavic out over 8000 feet on a shoot in costa rica with no drop in signal at all.
Hi. I agree if the drone is in the front of You. But if You fly in goggles and the drone will get behind You then You're reducing your transmission range mate. Thanks

Hi. I agree if the drone is in the front of You. But if You fly in goggles and the drone will get behind You then You're reducing your transmission range mate. Thanks
I suppose, if you are going for a distance record behind you, and don't turn like you're supposed too. But that would also happen simply because YOU are now between the drone and the controller as well. It is best practice to face the drone if you are pushing range.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I suppose, if you are going for a distance record behind you, and don't turn like you're supposed too. But that would also happen simply because YOU are now between the drone and the controller as well. It is best practice to face the drone if you are pushing range.
Well. I live in Europe. So unfortunately CE Locked . Almost half the distance. I`ve had signal drops when 600m behind me so I was always coming back. When in the front of me it was ok 3500m. I`ve used a bit different holder with my iPad air2 and then I`ve figured out that it was actually working as a shield and was blocking the signal significantly when the drone was behind me. We live in different countries so I suppose You possibly wouldn`t have that problem and You could fly with satisfying distance in all directions. Thanks for discussion

Well. I live in Europe. So unfortunately CE Locked . Almost half the distance. I`ve had signal drops when 600m behind me so I was always coming back. When in the front of me it was ok 3500m. I`ve used a bit different holder with my iPad air2 and then I`ve figured out that it was actually working as a shield and was blocking the signal significantly when the drone was behind me. We live in different countries so I suppose You possibly wouldn`t have that problem and You could fly with satisfying distance in all directions. Thanks for discussion
Interesting. if my range was lowered, i would definitely turn to face my antennas towards the drone. they are directional. i live somewhere with alot of interference, and try to keep my antenna facing the drone so it does not have any issues. And this is a inspire 2, which has the same configuration as a mavic controller with a MavMount attached.

Got my polarpro iPhone mount and ball joint attachment and I like it! I also trialed an iPow iPad mini holder and it worked.

Attachments

• 27E917F8-5893-4478-A330-E4451C76DF2C.jpeg
    27E917F8-5893-4478-A330-E4451C76DF2C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 88E78AC4-08C8-4DF0-AA59-8E041085B15F.jpeg
    88E78AC4-08C8-4DF0-AA59-8E041085B15F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • DEEB4C41-355A-4039-8A1F-045ACF07BC2E.jpeg
    DEEB4C41-355A-4039-8A1F-045ACF07BC2E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 611F9650-0F57-437B-A473-289453320808.jpeg
    611F9650-0F57-437B-A473-289453320808.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Interesting. if my range was lowered, i would definitely turn to face my antennas towards the drone. they are directional. i live somewhere with alot of interference, and try to keep my antenna facing the drone so it does not have any issues. And this is a inspire 2, which has the same configuration as a mavic controller with a MavMount attached.
I fly with goggles mostly and i sit on my foldable chair so it is uncomfortable to move around. Now i use ipad mini on the bottom of the controller and it’s not bad. Before i bought the goggles i was always trying to face my machine

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB