DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad mounts ?

Big Jim

Reactions
Guys I’m a new Mavic pilot. I want to buy a I pad mini that mounts above my controller. Looking for quality and I see a ton on e-bay and it looks like a whole lot of junk. What’s your thoughts.

Last edited:
Last edited:
By far the MAV mount is the perfect solution! I've been using it for quite a while now and the version 2 is completely awesome! If you have an iPad Air 2 with an OtterBox they make amount for that and it is so sturdy and awesome! Check out the site you might cost you a little more but you get what you pay for I have nothing but great things to say about this!
They have mounts for all types of iPads! And it is a totally professional looking Solution by far instead of those Chinese Plastic Solutions that are out there!

Reactions: VARSITY
Go with the MavMount, well worth the price. I find it is actually well balanced with the iPad Mini and the combo is light enough that it is comfortable to hold and hangs securely from the lanyard. The clamp also works with various cases. I use a thin silicone one with the Apple magnetic cover and it holds it nice and tight. Use the XL clamp as it holds the tablet a little higher. I think the lanyard is a must with the mini or other small tablet/phone, but if you use a larger tablet (I used the Pro 12.9 for a bit) it is just too heavy around your neck and **** awkward to boot. With the mini you can also pick up a shorter lightning cable with the right angle connector to plug into the RC without a lot of excess cable dangling.

Let me know if you are interested, I have a link from them to get you 10% off.

May not be a consideration for you, but I didn't want the controller/panel display blocked by the iPad. The holder I listed in post 3 above allows me to see the controller.

Go with the MavMount, well worth the price. I find it is actually well balanced with the iPad Mini and the combo is light enough that it is comfortable to hold and hangs securely from the lanyard. The clamp also works with various cases. I use a thin silicone one with the Apple magnetic cover and it holds it nice and tight. Use the XL clamp as it holds the tablet a little higher. I think the lanyard is a must with the mini or other small tablet/phone, but if you use a larger tablet (I used the Pro 12.9 for a bit) it is just too heavy around your neck and **** awkward to boot. With the mini you can also pick up a shorter lightning cable with the right angle connector to plug into the RC without a lot of excess cable dangling.

Let me know if you are interested, I have a link from them to get you 10% off.

I'd love to get coupon for discount.

as a suggestion, look at the new PolarPro Flight Deck mount. it doesn't have a ballhead, but since you really only need to be able to adjust tilt, it looks good. another possible reasonably priced alternative is the Freewell ballhead mount, although I wish it didn't have the second ball clamp on the back of the tablet clamp.

the Mavmount is very good indeed, although I wish it had a QD facility for the CS mount.

May not be a consideration for you, but I didn't want the controller/panel display blocked by the iPad. The holder I listed in post 3 above allows me to see the controller.

there is no point in being able to see the controller screen. there is nothing there that the DJI Go 4 app doesn't tell you, and locating the tablet so high up just unbalances the feel of the controller.

nor do you need an OTG cable for the MP. a plain USB cable is all that is required.

I am new to drones too, in fact for all of about 2 to 3 weeks. I got the Mavmount and am pleased with it.

There is one however, I bought the DJI lanyard and Mavmount does not have centrally located attachment point. I sorta attach it to the back bar that connects to the ballhead base.

Flying with 9.7 iPad is so much nicer than a little iPhone. Next purchase is monitor hood/shade.

And last, I read on one of these forum pages that the iPad mini did not have the horsepower to run the drone software/firmware. That is why I got the 9.7" version plus if the mini is good upgrade over the phone, then the larger iPad is much mobetta. ;~)

there is no point in being able to see the controller screen. there is nothing there that the DJI Go 4 app doesn't tell you, and locating the tablet so high up just unbalances the feel of the controller.

nor do you need an OTG cable for the MP. a plain USB cable is all that is required.

Since the OP was soliciting input for this type of holder, I gave what I knew.
Based on my experience you can get a disconnect/no display so the app is useless unless it reconnects, so I like to be able to see face of controller. Disconnects I had when I first got the MP are also why I use a MFi Apple certified cable with my iPad 4 mini (wifi and bluetooth turned off/airplane mode) because some others I've tried just do not work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riben