DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad set up

CarlosGMaier

Reactions
Hi, I am waiting for my new Mavic and wanted to start setting up basic things in the app....do they stay in the app and then load once I connect or do they get lost without connection and I have to start all over?

No, you really need to be connected to the Mavic with everything powered on for any of the changes to stick.

However, I found it very helpful to go through the app anyway while I was waiting for my Mavic to arrive just to familiarize myself with the app and where all the settings can be found and what the various possibilities were. That way, if you're not sure what a particular setting is you can research it and be ready for when your Mavic does arrive.

...do they stay in the app and then load once I connect or do they get lost without connection and I have to start all over?

The Go 4 app will allow some changes without connection. Those changes will be saved. It will not allow changes to the items that require a connection.

Isn't the Start Flight button (which takes you to flight screen) only enabled if at least controller is connected?

You pick the Mavic from the product list to get into the app. You can change some settings and upload the off-line map(s) for your area without the controller connected.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661