DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 or 7 plus?

This is good logic. Keep my primary phone small and have a secondary for the Mavic. I may do this...I may even make the 6plus my "work" phone. Would give me an excuse to keep the darn thing charged, anyway.

So, how do you buy a used 6plus and know that the battery on the thing isn't already shot? They clearly have a fixed life...

If you want to buy a good iPhone on eBay my first recommendation is to stay far away from the big dealers that have hundreds or thousands of sales. Look for the small guy with 15-50 sales, 99% approval or better and is offering his own personal phone at a reasonable price. The best ones come from guys who have 3 or 4 old cases to throw in and they say the phone does not have a mark on it. That is typically a well cared for phone and the battery should give you another 2 years of service. My 6+ can handle 3 flights. It is the luck of the draw but your odds go up significantly if you don't deal with a big seller.

My 7 plus doesn't work-- completely!!!
WEAK GPS error when trying to use follow me or changing home point!!!!
Will not work!!!!!
Tried changing cables- remove- reinstall app-
Even went to Apple Store and exchanged for BRAND NEW 7 Plus--
It didn't work either - doesn't work--
All other functions and modes work perfectly.
Fits in controller wonderful even with Case still on the phone.
But I bought the drone specifically for the follow me mode and it's unusable with my fancy expensive 7+ iPhone.
Very frustrating
Follow me does work well with all 6S plus and also I pad mini that I tried.
Bought a cheap refurbished acer 7 inch tablet for 63 bucks and GPS works perfect on it but it is android and android is not as smooth as iOS and the maps suck.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Maybe the satellite coverage you have. Download an app called UAV forecast and it shows iPhones satellites pickup. Then to solve issue iPhone has better gps positioning with the wifi connected. Try hotspotting it via Bluetooth or wifi (stops you using wifi to fly the Mavic, only catch for wifi) and your problem will be solved. My iPad mini 2 I hotspot to my iPhone 7 plus all the time and if I don't I I use the iPhone itself. Try it. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

As wolfmad stated, some people are having issues with 7 and 7+, I am one of them. But not all 7s are experiencing this GPS issue so nobody has a fix at this point.
I agree with Robbyg, I hate the larger form factor for everyday use, but love it for the MP. So I have a used 6+ that I have dedicated for flying only.

See above ...

See above ...

Nope, that does not solve the problem. It appears that AT&T iPhone 7s have an inferior Intel modem that is causing GPS issues. At this point, there is no workaround. If anyone has an iPhone 7 on the AT&T network that can use Follow Me or reset the Home Point to the current location of the controller during flight, I would sure like to hear about it. So far I have found know one.

Reactions: younumpty
Nope, that does not solve the problem. It appears that AT&T iPhone 7s have an inferior Intel modem that is causing GPS issues. At this point, there is no workaround. If anyone has an iPhone 7 on the AT&T network that can use Follow Me or reset the Home Point to the current location of the controller during flight, I would sure like to hear about it. So far I have found know one.

Wouldn't know anything about your provider. If so that sucks. You're getting an inferior iPhone to one you buy from apple?
That's mental stuff. Talk about being robbed!
Sorry to hear.
I'm in Europe hence zero issues.
Cheers. Happy flying

Fly safe... :)

I just upgraded to an iPhone 7 plus with 32GB from my iPhone 6 S with only 16GB. What a difference! Brighter screen more battery life and larger screen. I use as external mount from the controller with a lanyard plus I also have a hood shade. The screen is bright enough so the hood shade is not really needed on the iPhone 7 plus. It is a great iPhone and to me, no need to consider buying an iPad mini. The newer iPhone 7 plus keeps more storage of my video and track caching too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh