DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone data on or off with a MAVIC pro ?

sozi81

Reactions
Hello everybody,
I have some questions for you.

I was wondering if you usually leave your iPhone with data on or off?
I mean: what happens if I receive a phone call while navigating with my drone?

And then: does mobile phone make any interference between my RC and the DRONE MAVIC?

Thanks

Turn it off to minimize any distractions when you're flying.

what happens if I receive a phone call while navigating with my drone?
Nothing since your Mavic is flown with the remote controller. Just ignore the call and keep flying.

Reactions: Vacation guy
Thanks for your answers.
Ehm... but I am looking at the screen and there is the phone call... I CANNOT SEE where I AM GOING! :) I believe the best is to turn off (airplane mode) the iPhone. What about the location GPS ? I know that sometimes the Drone can get GPS location of home point from the iPhone ..

What about the location GPS ? I know that sometimes the Drone can get GPS location of home point from the iPhone ..
The current GPS location is always determined by the Mavic's GPS receiver. You're right though -- the GPS receiver in the mobile device is used to find the current location if you manually reset the home point to your current location. The mobile device's GPS receiver is no longer used after the home point has been reset though.

Reactions: Vacation guy
To keep all the functionality of my iPhone and DJI GO 4, before a flight I do a <call forwarding> to my answer machine (or other phone you have). I didn't try the <Do Not Disturb> function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78