DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Issue Help? Random Power Down

Apparently there are battery cases that have feed through lightening connectors.

ahh yes good point, I had not thought of that - hopefully this will still mean the lightning port will be free to plug in the RC for the MP. I was thinking I could buy a powerbank and just plug my phone in in-between flights, which could be a pain in the ar**

ahh yes good point, I had not thought of that - hopefully this will still mean the lightning port will be free to plug in the RC for the MP. I was thinking I could buy a powerbank and just plug my phone in in-between flights, which could be a pain in the ar**

It's the phone. Get a new one from Apple or battery it's covered. Mine is 6S (not in the reported affected batch) and tech said after diagnostic to go to Apple Store and get a new one. The battery is degrading MUCH faster than it should.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It's the phone. Get a new one from Apple or battery it's covered. Mine is 6S (not in the reported affected batch) and tech said after diagnostic to go to Apple Store and get a new one. The battery is degrading MUCH faster than it should.

I don't think this is a phone fault, my battery lasts fine with every other app - I tried entering my serial number from the previous post and it said that its not in the affected serial numbers like yours... I have enabled the video caching to 16gb as if you lose the drone you always have backup video on your phone.

IMG_1233.PNG

So as a heavy battery user on iPhones I have typically noticed degraded battery performance after a little over a year of use. Primary in cold weather if the phone gets just a little bit cold, I'll guess bellow 50*F, it will shut down even with 60% battery life. This also happened to my 5s; I'm currently running a 6s. LiPo battery's really seem to suffer if they get a little cold.

My iPhones see a lot of pretty deep battery charge discharge cycles due to running Strava and other activity mapping apps along with taking lots of photos during those adventures. To off set this I use the LifeProof FRĒ Power case. I killed the battery in the first year on this as well, it was just out of warranty when it stopped providing any additional charge to my phone. When new it will fully recharge the phone about once. After the first the week with the Mavic and the screen dying on me twice with almost a full charge but flying in low 30s I replaced my 6s battery and replace my case. (iPhone 6s Battery Replacement - iFixit) Still a cheaper option then upgrading my phone and the 6s still performers well downing everything else. Since the repair battery life if like new and no more cold weather shut downs.

The LifeProof case is charged with a micro USB and not the lighting cable but it works just fine in the Mavic controller. I just use the micro USB plug instead of the lightning. And yes the DJI Go 4 app is a battery hog!

IMG_6759.JPG IMG_6758.JPG

Reactions: Loz
So as a heavy battery user on iPhones I have typically noticed degraded battery performance after a little over a year of use. Primary in cold weather if the phone gets just a little bit cold, I'll guess bellow 50*F, it will shut down even with 60% battery life. This also happened to my 5s; I'm currently running a 6s. LiPo battery's really seem to suffer if they get a little cold.

My iPhones see a lot of pretty deep battery charge discharge cycles due to running Strava and other activity mapping apps along with taking lots of photos during those adventures. To off set this I use the LifeProof FRĒ Power case. I killed the battery in the first year on this as well, it was just out of warranty when it stopped providing any additional charge to my phone. When new it will fully recharge the phone about once. After the first the week with the Mavic and the screen dying on me twice with almost a full charge but flying in low 30s I replaced my 6s battery and replace my case. (iPhone 6s Battery Replacement - iFixit) Still a cheaper option then upgrading my phone and the 6s still performers well downing everything else. Since the repair battery life if like new and no more cold weather shut downs.

The LifeProof case is charged with a micro USB and not the lighting cable but it works just fine in the Mavic controller. I just use the micro USB plug instead of the lightning. And yes the DJI Go 4 app is a battery hog!

View attachment 2325 View attachment 2326

Thanks for the advice, I will look into getting one - even if i only use it for when I fly the Mavic it sounds like a good idea.

I don't think this is a phone fault, my battery lasts fine with every other app - I tried entering my serial number from the previous post and it said that its not in the affected serial numbers like yours... I have enabled the video caching to 16gb as if you lose the drone you always have backup video on your phone.

View attachment 2310

Degradation meaning my diagnostic shows the battery has already degraded down to 86% at full charge. Shows 100%, but batteries lose amount of charge it can hold overtime. But should not be this bad yet.

My phone did this once a month or so PRIOR to Mavic. It is not DJI.

I do agree the app is a hog. My issue is the phone randomly powering down. On top of that the iPhone won't power up unless hooked to a charger. Horrible! Once mine powered back up the battery last time was at 59% charge when it powered down. WTF Apple. Not specific to Mavic, but much more concern now that it has happened during flight. Not fun.

Reactions: superdave5050
Degradation meaning my diagnostic shows the battery has already degraded down to 86% at full charge. Shows 100%, but batteries lose amount of charge it can hold overtime. But should not be this bad yet.

My phone did this once a month or so PRIOR to Mavic. It is not DJI.

I do agree the app is a hog. My issue is the phone randomly powering down. On top of that the iPhone won't power up unless hooked to a charger. Horrible! Once mine powered back up the battery last time was at 59% charge when it powered down. WTF Apple. Not specific to Mavic, but much more concern now that it has happened during flight. Not fun.

I agree. Absolutely a phone/battery problem not DJI, sure DJI app is sucking juice but not that much. I watched this happen with my 6s for the last 6-7 months and never really cared enough to bring it in. And hugely annoying each time it happens you have to plug it in to a power source! It's a hassle dealing with the Apple stores around me. Once I started flying my Mavic and it happend again it was time to replace. Apple said they'd have no issue replacing the battery on the phone if I'd send it in, or schedule a genius appointment.

Reactions: HelloNasty1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc