DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is litchi worth getting and why or why not??

Bilzy6164

Reactions
Hey everyone just trying to figure out if I should get litchi are there better features for say something like following a boat and doing a mission around waterfalls etc any help would be Awsome!!! Thanks in advance

Have you tried using DJI GS Pro first, it's free and works pretty well for me

Yeah I only got an iPhone 7 plus spewin might just try that litchi if you guys recon it worth the 35 bucks

I bought Litchi way back when it just came out for IOS. I complained about the lack of functionality in the early version but was still happy to have it just to be able to plan a mission in the comfort of my computer chair. I don't believe this is unsafe practice as long as you plan it correctly. Don't think I've ever read a post saying "crashed my quad due to bad waypoint plan". Litchi give much greater control and more options in waypoints and gives you really cinematic shots without you having to do it yourself first. Buy It !.

Reactions: wcsilva
I used it with my P3S because it lacked range so I used the waypoints to allow the P3S to go long range. Now that I fly my Mavic I see no need for it. I recently started using hanger 360 for panorama images and it works well and its free. But with the range of the Mavic waypoints in litchi became needless to me.

Do do you need to open litchi in your computer then use it on the app? I won't have a computer for the two weeks away and I'll be really remote...

I used it with my P3S because it lacked range so I used the waypoints to allow the P3S to go long range. Now that I fly my Mavic I see no need for it. I recently started using hanger 360 for panorama images and it works well and its free. But with the range of the Mavic waypoints in litchi became needless to me.
I'm in Uk and only fly LOS.

Reactions: Soundtekk
within line of sight? Couldn't you just use google maps?
I suppose if a was an expert pilot and could control the craft, camera, focus, flight path etc I could use google maps but I aint. also I already have Litchi.

Maybe practice?

I think you are missing the point here Kestrel. I have a project where I am flying the same flight path every month throughout this year and at the end I will edit it together with slow cross fades to show the different seasons. It would be impossible to do manually. I've had a P3P since 2015 and can zoom around the sky's just fine. I'm not saying just use Litchi, I still fly manually and also use Go4.

I think you are missing the point here Kestrel. I have a project where I am flying the same flight path every month throughout this year and at the end I will edit it together with slow cross fades to show the different seasons. It would be impossible to do manually. I've had a P3P since 2015 and can zoom around the sky's just fine. I'm not saying just use Litchi, I still fly manually and also use Go4.
I didn't miss the point you totally left out important information.

I have it just in case something goes awry with a DJI App and vice versa. Always good to have options. It's really just a preference of where and how you interact with the App. They both pretty much do the same thing, fly the bird.

Reactions: SkySquinter

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78