DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic Camera the same or an upgrade from the P3P?

Micah

Reactions
I have the P3P and the quality from the video has been great..the photo quality has been acceptable.

I'd like to get the Mavic for travel but need to know if the camera would at the very least, be the same quality as the P3P I have now and maybe better, fingers crossed?

I'd love to go with the P4P but think it will be too bulky for the trip
thanks,
Micah

You can find a comparison between the P4 and Mavic cameras here. The P3P and P4 cameras are nearly identical.

I have P3Pro and Mavic.
Looking at P3 footage again after working with Mavic quite a bit there's not much in it.
I think Mavic is consistently better in low light like dull winter days which sometimes was quite disappointing with P3.
The P3 seems to record slightly more detail in the mid to far distance.
Mavic seems almost too sharp on closer subjects even when dialled back a bit.

If you get the Mavic the phantom seems huge and clumsy, it will be just way too much effort to take it anywhere for similar results.

When you are traveling, do you primarily shoot video, photos or both?
It is primarily for photo but I am getting more into Video. I shoot for Getty and have noticed that the footage from the P3P was barely passable; but it was acceptable. The 4k video seemed better quality than the photographs it produced. But I really need the portability of course.

I have P3Pro and Mavic.
Looking at P3 footage again after working with Mavic quite a bit there's not much in it.
I think Mavic is consistently better in low light like dull winter days which sometimes was quite disappointing with P3.
The P3 seems to record slightly more detail in the mid to far distance.
Mavic seems almost too sharp on closer subjects even when dialled back a bit.

If you get the Mavic the phantom seems huge and clumsy, it will be just way too much effort to take it anywhere for similar results.
thanks....were you comparing to the P3 or the P3Pro..or are they the same camera for stills...just one 4k and the other isn't 4k? Looks like I'll be going with the Mavic

Sounds like the mavic fits your size requirement better...if its too big to travel with it will not matter how good it is!

I feel the Mavic Pro camera is better than the P3P. The size of the Mavic as mentioned is an incredible factor in how often I pack it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard