DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic Pro your first drone?

Will the Mavic Pro be your first drone?

• Total voters
Second drone for me, picked up a phantom 3 pro in April, sold it yesterday and only lost about £70 on it so well chuffed

Used to fly a Logo 10 many years ago.. So, not new to RC. Had a Flycamone2 on my Logo 10 in 2008 with 640 x 480 video.. It's simply incredible how much things have changed in the last 8 years..

Used to fly a Logo 10 many years ago.. So, not new to RC. Had a Flycamone2 on my Logo 10 in 2008 with 640 x 480 video.. It's simply incredible how much things have changed in the last 8 years..

That ripple effect though! I love new technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Derf
@gregw "Rare ancient drone footage!" That's so awesome!! I'll bet that was a pricey setup! [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my first. I have been flying RC planes for almost 30 years and have flown some drones over the years. I have been looking at buying one for the last 4 or 5 years but nothing jumped out at me till now. I saw the Mavic and pre-ordered it less than 24 hrs later.

First one for me. I have had my eye on DJI drones for years but could never get one high enough on my wish list. When I saw the Mavic videos, I couldn't resist any longer.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I hope newbies will follow through with the proper FAA registration and some common sense.... when in doubt of any situation don't fly, meaning whether its the flying conditions or possibly legal issues. Keep this hobby in the clear as best you can :)TU

I hope newbies will follow through with the proper FAA registration and some common sense.... when in doubt of any situation don't fly, meaning whether its the flying conditions or possibly legal issues. Keep this hobby in the clear as best you can :)TU
I second that! Keep my beautiful hobby going!

This will be my 2nd drone. 1st drone being a P3P...which I still fly whenever I have time.

I was surprised as well by how many will be first time drone owners with their purchase of the Mavic Pro. I have owned 3 other drones. 2 of which were play toys in comparison. My P3A is the drone that I picked up when I started to get serious about aerial pictures and video.

Reactions: MavicPro
This will actually be my first drone. My wife and I had been talking, and I had the go-ahead to get a drone for some camera work she wanted done. I was actually busy weighing options between a P3P and a P4 when I happened across the announcement for the Mavic. I actually only found out about the GoPro Karma while reading about Mavic's attributes and leaked photos. I made the decision then to hold out for the Mavic.

My first real drone. Always been interested in the "$1,000-class" drones but never decided to purchase. Recently saw the capabilities of the DJI Phantom 4 at that price point which finally pushed me to purchase. When it came time to pull the trigger I learned about the Mavic Pro and that sealed the deal.

Would folks recommend a complete drone newb purchasing an inexpensive "trainer" quadcopter to practice with before the Mavic arrives?

I was actually considering looking at a used P3 Advanced, there are a ton on EBay for next to no money now...

Mavic will be my 4th DJI drone. They've come a very long way in a short time!

I'm glad to see so many first timers; be sure to read and understand the manual before you fly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998