DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an advanced setting where you can eliminate high wind warnings?

My sentiments exactly. The problem with these forums is that there are too many people that think others are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
thanks man. Where do you live are you in a windy city too? I am in Corpus the 8 windiest city in America. Alot of people think chicago is the windiest but its not because of natural wind it's because of blowhards like Rahm Emanuel.. What a moron that dude is.

You do realize the wind does not blow past the Mavic, it carries it away from you at the speed the wind is moving meaning the Mavic physically has to fly in the opposite direction of the wind at the same speed the wind is blowing just to stay stationary with reference to the ground. This directly subtracts from its max flight speed leaving the difference for how fast it can fly into the wind "ground speed".

Maybe get an app and check the winds aloft before you fly if you don't want high wind warnings. Don't fly when there is high winds. Winds at 100ft can be much different then wind on the ground.

Pardon me for being rude, but the fact that you are annoyed by the warning is the very reason you need them. Please fly safe or you will be the next person to post that you Mavic flew away when it really blew away.

True that; surface friction causes winds to moderate. At 100' and above it's much stronger.

If you dont like the warnings then use a different app like litchi etc.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

I was thinking the same thing. I flew a short mission on Litchi last weekend with moderate winds. All the while wondering if my bird was coming back. You really have to watch the numbers.
Rather than have a warning (even with a threshold setting) why can't we just get a reading on the controller. Let the pilot decide if/when it's too risky. It wouldn't even have to be wind speed, just some reading on how hard Mavic is working to maintain course/position. It's probably already available in the bird or we wouldn't be seeing the warning.

Reactions: dmyers7
I agree I'd like to set it on or off. Mine will come on with a 8mph wind and will flash on and off the entire flight. Annoying as hell to keep swiping away. I like the idea of warning me of winds over a certain threshold but when I'm standing there and it's not windy and the healthy drone apps tells me it really wasn't that windy up 100 feet it's an annoyance. Wish I could set it for it hit 20mph now trigger. Like others have said, I check the weather beforehand and know what I'll be getting into.

I agree I'd like to set it on or off. Mine will come on with a 8mph wind and will flash on and off the entire flight. Annoying as **** to keep swiping away. I like the idea of warning me of winds over a certain threshold but when I'm standing there and it's not windy and the healthy drone apps tells me it really wasn't that windy up 100 feet it's an annoyance. Wish I could set it for it hit 20mph now trigger. Like others have said, I check the weather beforehand and know what I'll be getting into.
:thumbs: this thread has been funny. First half of it people wanted the stupid wind warnings and the second half people didn't :D

At least they can make them disappear lets say in 2 seconds, I was flying today on kite surf spot ant this fckn warning close me half of the screen on my IPhone 5s, very annoying

Okay. I flew this morning (6:30am) with practically zero wind. It was a very clear and a very calm morning with wind forecast of 4-5mph....yet...hovering at 40-50ft AGL, approx. 200ft away, I got the infamous High Wind Warning. It came up several times. Definitely not correct!

Stupid thing to do? I am not retarded I know it's windy it's windy all the freak'n time in Corpus Christi. I guess maybe I don't need a retarded warning to tell me something I already know. It is not going to make me fly differently. I know it's windy so I don't go as far so I can make sure I can bring it back or I fly into the wind to make sure. The warning thing is a pain in the rear. I can't believe some of ya'll like stupid nanny functions on your drone.

I heard of one mavic owner that got a refund because the warnings were such a pain in the asss. I love my mav but i don't need to stupid high warnings.

So again, I dont' need a lecture on why it's a good thing. I just want to know how to the dang thing off because I don't want it or need it it's annoying as ****.

You could try some tape over the screen where the warning comes up?

Okay. I flew this morning (6:30am) with practically zero wind. It was a very clear and a very calm morning with wind forecast of 4-5mph....yet...hovering at 40-50ft AGL, approx. 200ft away, I got the infamous High Wind Warning. It came up several times. Definitely not correct!
It is correct. There are high winds at higher elevations.

yea, now that is good of dji for listening to their customers good for them. I think one wind warning is enough for dji to cover themselves against from stupid uses and their stupid lawyers.

I get the ("high wind warning RTH") warning if there's just a breeze, it is annoying! I flies just fine, I don't have to put it in sport mode to get it home, the wind isn't strong enough to need that. I think hey need to dial it down a bit. However, as a pilot I do realize that wind speed 100 feet off the ground can be substantially stronger than that on the ground, so in some instances that may be the case.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I had a feeling someone that was not here knew better than I did that it was really windy 40-50ft AGL. It's funny how the trees with their leaves that are 50+ feet tall did not move at all. Our parking structure is higher than the height at which the Mavic was at and you're telling me that I don't know anything about how windy should feel like. Seriously??? I totally know that winds are not the same at higher elevations than at ground level. :rolleyes:

That's why I like UAV forecast app you can set it to see windspeed at different altitudes.

I had a feeling someone that was not here knew better than I did that it was really windy 40-50ft AGL. It's funny how the trees with their leaves that are 50+ feet tall did not move at all. Our parking structure is higher than the height at which the Mavic was at and you're telling me that I don't know anything about how windy should feel like. Seriously??? I totally know that winds are not the same at higher elevations than at ground level. :rolleyes:

Geez, all I said was that sometimes it DOES blow harder above the ground, I was speaking for my own experiences, not yours. I DID confirm that I too, get the high wind warning when there appears to be very little wind, sorry if I offended you or came across as implying something negative about your experience or knowledge level.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Would be great to have a visual representation of the wind vector, So we could measure the wind strength.
Most of the time people ignore this warning as the wind is not really that hard. But I wonder how many Mavic have crashed due to a really high gust of wind that was ignored.

I would find the warnings a lot more useful if they notice came with an estimate of the current wind speed. It totally could do this in GPS mode because it knows how much it is fighting to hold position. Including wind speed would definitely allow me to decide which warnings to disregard and which to heed.

Reactions: 4wd
I posted about this earlier. Even better would be a graph over time in the app. Am I seeing sporadic gusts or sustained speeds? Is it too windy at this altitude and should I fly at another altitude? My thought is, give the info to the pilot and let him/her make the decision. Sporadic pop ups are not helpful, IMO

The wind warning should go away after a second or two. Or perhaps a Majel Barrett computer voice warning me of high winds...who could object to that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman