DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there an advanced setting where you can eliminate high wind warnings?

Guys guys. I totally agree with this annoying announcement that pops up whenever there is more then 10 knots!!!!! It’s disturbing and distracting me from flying my mavic!!!
I have a kite surfing school and I bought it especially to film kites.
I have been flying it in more then 30 knots and it is still alive and I love it!
I wish there would be an option for experienced pilots to shut this annoying pop for good!!!
Or maybe to take it to another level, only when there is really strong wind like 40 knots that the mavic feels it’s a war zone then it will give you a nice pop of high wind velocity

Would be great to have a visual representation of the wind vector,
It’s not real time, but nearly real time winds aloft prediction if you have a cellular or WiFi connection: SailFlow, Predict Wind, Ventusky, to name some. Heck, it’s all at NWS/NOAA’s Aviation Weather Service. Just takes a little time to properly plan a mission.

fwiw... I have flown my mavic successfully in some pretty stiff winds - certainly 20+mph and I have not seen one wind warning yet - I must have a defective Mavic ;p - but seriously, I use Litchi to fly almost exclusively and I am not getting the warnings at all on windy days. This might be the answer.

I too wish the warnings could be turned off as an option. I know I would. I understand DJI drones are aimed heavily to first times and amateurs, so these warnings make sense. But more seasoned pilots rely on other cues and have a finer sensibility so it should be optional IMO.

Honestly, it's not too hard to tell how the wind is. Even when flying out LOS, or way high. Look at the clouds. Take a moment to look around, paying a bit more attention to the weather, the trees, the surroundings... Then plan accordingly. Pilots of every flying device from delta wings to airplanes use visual cues all the time to gather info on wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre