Welcome to our Community
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there any hope for my RC Pro Controller

NorthEastJohn

Reactions
My DroneDeploy rep said that support for the Air 2S should be GA in the next couple weeks. I would love to use my Air 2S for some mapping jobs, but the RC Pro won't run goole play services. Will that ever change? My only option for now would be to us a standard controller and run off IOS device.

My DroneDeploy rep said that support for the Air 2S should be GA in the next couple weeks. I would love to use my Air 2S for some mapping jobs, but the RC Pro won't run goole play services. Will that ever change? My only option for now would be to us a standard controller and run off IOS device.
I doubt it. I owned the Crystalsky Ultra bright and although I loved the brightness, I despised the app limitations due to the limited OS. I would up selling it and buying the Triptek 8 pro

I'd say it's extremely unlikely because it's much more difficult to sell a device with the Google Mobile Services (GMS) so if it's not done originally, companies don't tend to do the work required after. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is the base operating system for Android and the code is freely available and anyone can use it as they want. To add the Google services though a license from Google is needed for which they need to certify the device ensuring it meets their software and hardware requirements to try and ensure the Google experience is consistent across devices.

If the application is provided as an apk (an Android installer) which is commonly the case with enterprise applications and it doesn't require any of the Google application components then it should be possible to install on the RC Pro. as I understand it (but not the Mini 3 Pro Android controller out of the box)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18