DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this Legit?

DJI has the kit on their site for $909 not sure if everything listed in your add comes with it.

Last edited:
Seems way too good of a deal. No phone number or address so it makes me very cautious.
That website was created 11 days ago. It's not a part of DJI as stated in the footer. Keep safe and shop directly in the DJI store or buy from a known authorized DJI dealer.

Just like anything else, just use Paypal or a credit card for your protection. Not seeing where this is "way too good of a deal."

Reactions: michaeldallen1
stores-dji isn't their official domain, so it's a phishing scam. stores.dji would be a subdomain, but stores-dji is a top level domain (and wasn't even aware that you could have dashes in TLD).

Also DJI is not going to use namecheap as their domain registrar. I went ahead and reported the domain to Namecheap for phishing scam.

Reactions: closetmonster
Thanks for the warning. My antenna were up and I saw the "s" on stores, too. I wasn't going to proceed unless I learned it was accurate. My credit card company and PayPal do protect me, but it's still a hassle.

It's a little sneakier than that. When you purchase on dji.com, you're routed to store-dji.com. This bogus site is stores-dji.com, with an "s."
Actually it's store.dji.com not store- , the scam site being stores-dji.com is a full top level domain, store.dji.com with the period is a subdomain of dji.com. So stores or store makes no difference, having the dash in there to trick users into thinking it's from dji.com when stores-dji.com is a completely different domain all together.

The other thing to look for if you're familiar with any level of HTML/CSS is to view source of the page. Phishing sites are typically built on wordpress and woocommerce and other plugins. The very large corporations are not going to be using wordpress/woocommerce for their setup, this site is. (and DJI themselves source all their static assets from djicdn.com for their content delivery network, this scam site doesn't pull from that at all).

It is a scam.
The domain was created on June 10th, the registrant uses an address in Reykjavik, it is well known that scammers use this address. The address is real, it is an office buliding in Reykjavik. The company and and registrant name is hidden "for privacy".
Registrant Organization: Privacy service provided by Withheld for Privacy ehf
Registrant Street: Kalkofnsvegur 2
Registrant City: Reykjavik
Registrant State/Province: Capital Region
Registrant Postal Code: 101
Registrant Country: IS
Registrant Phone: +354.4212434

And the registrant phone number +354.4212434 is known from several other scam websites.

I clicked the above link and the site is shut down.

Must have sold out of drones. :D

Reactions: Rudiger
Namecheap (their registrar) shut them down, likely after I reported it to them this morning, since they were also dumb enough to use namecheap to handle their name servers as well it would been very quick for namecheap to remove their DNS entry (ie: their site if hosted elsewhere is probably still up, they just can't point that domain to it anymore). Hence the ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error.

It definitely raised suspicion but it wasn't too good, not some $95 for a $1000 drone. With the threat to make DJI illegal I could foresee DJI dumping drones like crazy. I would not order unless my research indicated things were legit. Thanks to all for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv