DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this sticker on Mavic Pro normal?

Does the green light count?
You would need to look up your specific countries rules/laws regarding aircraft/RPAS illumination for night operations.
Basically, none of the lights on any DJI platform will qualify for night/navigation illumination since most countries require the lighting to be visable from 2nm.

You'd turn the front lights off to avoid getting a red halo effect on night photos/videos. Sometimes the lights on the front can get into your shot. I turned the "auto off" option off. I'll turn them off when I want them off.

I have my C1 button programmed as center focus. No more tapping the screen.
So the Center Focus shortcut on the controller is the same as tapping the screen?

Is there any way to get the green box to disappear? We always see a green box when flying.

If you assign a button to center focus, will it focus on whatever is in the center of the screen when you hit it? Or will it set focus to infinity?

That's what I thought. So there's no way to hit a button and have it go to infinity focus, correct?

As long as there is nothing really close it's going to focus to infinity. It's not really that complicated. Unless you're taking off and facing a wall or a car, as soon as you lift off and have a clear view, tap C1.

As long as there is nothing really close it's going to focus to infinity. It's not really that complicated. Unless you're taking off and facing a wall or a car, as soon as you lift off and have a clear view, tap C1.
Thanks. And does the screen have a green square in the center the entire time you fly?

Also - the brightness of the phone is messed up because the sensor is covered. Does anyone have a fix for that?

You can turn auto brightness adjustment off on the phone, as a temporary fix anyways

(or at least you can on iPhone's)

You can turn auto brightness adjustment off on the phone, as a temporary fix anyways

(or at least you can on iPhone's)
So that can't be fixed since it covers the sensor - that's definitely a design flaw of the controller.

Last 2 questions -

1) When you hit C1 to focus does a green square stay on your screen the entire flight?

2) Can the joysticks on the controller be removed?

So that can't be fixed since it covers the sensor - that's definitely a design flaw of the controller.

Last 2 questions -

1) When you hit C1 to focus does a green square stay on your screen the entire flight?

The green square is only visible if you are in focus mode. Since I have C1 set as center focus, I fly in metering mode. So no green square.

I haven't tried to pull the sticks off the controller. I read that it may have been a design change. Not sure or not and I have no reason to force and pull them to find out.

The green square is only visible if you are in focus mode. Since I have C1 set as center focus, I fly in metering mode. So no green square.

I haven't tried to pull the sticks off the controller. I read that it may have been a design change. Not sure or not and I have no reason to force and pull them to find out.
To question number 1 - this is what we're seeing. Why does it appear all the time? Is Auto Focus the same as Center Focus?

Attachments

• IMG_3630.PNG
    IMG_3630.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
Have a look in the manual.
dc23ec9b717cdcbc6f8a5fcf046e5f79.jpg

ebab7c064cdf9cd86c61e31145679559.jpg

Last 2 questions -

The joysticks were removable in the preproduction models. That was changed with the production models. So, no they are not removable.

Cool. I'm glad my buddy doesn't know what he's doing because he's been letting me show him some quick tips and tricks - this is a new though so I'm learning then telling him.

Now - he may consider drilling a small hole in the controller clamp where the brightness meter is to allow light in...I'll let you know how that goes.

Useless, you want the phone brightness on manual and all the way up when flying anyway. Hard to judge correct exposure when the screen brightness changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird